CH.22 : Victory

*Adiva*
Meliodas and me flew back to the others. When we landed, Meliodas took my hand by surprise. I looked at him as he smiled innocently. I smiled back. "Ahem!" It was King Bartra. "Your majesty! How are you feeling?" I asked as I inspected him. "Well, Adiva.." he said.

"F-father! How are you feeling? Are you alright now?" Elizabeth asked running to the King. "Yes." "Thank goodness.." she sighed with relief. "Merlin, are you done with Bartra's treatment?" Meliodas asked. "Yes, that new secret technique formula the demon realm was a resounding success.." Merlin replied.

Me, Meliodas and Elizabeth sweatdropped. "Using the King as your guinea pig...you really have guts.." Meliodas said. "All's well that endus well. Right your Majesty?" Merlin said. He just sweatdropped as he nervously laughed then cleared his throat. I just stared at Merlin. "What?" She asked, finally noticing my stare. "This isn't the end is it Merlin?" I whispered to her. "No, Adiva. Im afraid it isn't.." she replied.

"Your Majesty! Please.. We, the holy knights, ask to be severely punished.. we have strayed from the path. We no longer have the right to call ourselves holy knights.. Please! Your harshest sentence!" Gilthunder said as all the holy knights dropped to their knees.

"Jeez, these guys are overdramatic.." I said out loud by accident. I slapped my mouth shut. "Sorry. That was meant to be said in my head.." I apologised, my hand still over my mouth. "It's not over dramatic! It's called apologising for your sin!" Gilthunder shouted at me. "I said I was sorry.." I said rolling my eyes. The seven deadly sins, Isabella and Elizabeth just laughed behind me. I felt dumbfounded.

"Very well. I will hand down my punishment. You will not be taking vacation anytime in the near future.." Bartra said. "But Sire! Then our sin won't be-" Howser begun. "No matter how harsh the punishment, the wounds on those who suffered will not heal any faster.. Now is the tike for you, the holy knights, to rebuild the kingdom and aid the people as soon as possible!" King Bartra announced. "Yes sire!" They all replied.

Bartra turned to face us. "Meliodas..seven deadly sins.. Isabella and Adiva..well done! Thank you for protecting the kingdom. AND my daughter in the process!" He thanked. "Hey, let's not stand on ceremony, Bartra.." Meliodas replied. "We just did what anyone would do for a friend. Right?" I said. Everyone agreed.

Me and Ban walked over to the now holy roasted pork chop that was once named Hawk. "Master..I know I said a lot of nasty things to you..that we were never friends..that really was an awful thing to say..everyone I end up taking a liking to..ends up leaving me.." he said, starting to tear up. I could only smile for him. "Ban! You big oaf! You really are a softie deep down!" I said slapping his back as he almost lost balance. He death glared me before walking off mumbling to himself.

I giggled at his reaction. "Hawk. If you quit the tavern without telling me I won't forgive you..who's going to dispose all the scraps in your place?" Meliodas said. I only smiled trying not to cry. Meliodas hugged me. "There's no need to put on a fake smile anymore, Adiva.." he said. I silently cried into his chest. (You bent down then cried😅)

"Sh, sh,sh..let it all out.." he said, stroking my hair as I tried to calm down. "Come on back now, Hawk.. if you do, I'll give you 3 times as many scraps as before.." he promised. "Don't you forget what you just said!" I heard Hawk say. I immediately stopped crying and looked up to see a tiny Hawk standing in his place. "Hawk?" I asked in disbelief as Ban bent down to his knees as he stared at Hawk with utter shock and disbelief. "Hey..you're alive?" Meliodas asked. "Yeah. Looks like it.." he replied.

"Master! You're the besssst!" Ban said throwing him in the air. "Wow I can't believe it!" Diane said. "He's so tiny now!" King said. "Seriously, you're a reckless bastard, Pig" Meliodas said grinning giving Hawk a thumbs-up. I hugged him. "You are too, Meliodas.." I said tearing up again. He just smiled and I caught him in a bear hug. "It's all over..." Meliodas said. "For now.." I mumbled.