Chp.13 | The Roles Have Been Reveresed

Days pass, Venti still wasn't sure what to do. He thought this would fix everything, was Xiao mad at him or something? Well.., he was a bit harsh with how he worded things. Sato was a nice girl though, she'd never lie..she was crying too. Sato had told him everything that happened that day, 'Xiao started a fight for no reason because he was jealous of her'..or at least that's what Sato says.

Venti knew Xiao wasn't one to act on jealously so aggressively, he wouldn't tell anyone even if it was obvious that he was trying to hide it. Spewing off something like 'I'm fine!' while turning to face the other way. He'd never gone out of his way to..yell at the other person.

Venti let out a small sigh, holding a pillow over his face as he abruptly screamed into it. Just before, he was staring at his phone and reading prior text messages with Xiao..along the lines trying to think of something to type out.

More importantly, who exactly was that tall guy? He was attractive, Venti would give him that, but for some reason the thought of Xiao having a boyfriend..made him upset. Why though?

Trust me, Venti had the same question.

Shaking away from these constant thoughts, he sat up and grabbed his phone. He saw Xiao's contact and looked down toward the message bar.

Let's..try this again

VENTI: Xiao, can we tal

He deleted his message.

VENTI: I need to tell you something

Again, deleting his message.

Fine, let's be cliche.

VENTI: We need to talk,,if you have any time and you want to that is.

Sent.
At this point, he was panicking. What if his offer was rejected..Xiao would never do that though, right? Without thought, he typed more. His fingers moving at a fast pace.

VENTI: if u don't want to that fine too, I don't mimd. I was pretty mean and uh I geuuess I didntm rewllt ask for ur sidd of the story.
read 1:20 pm

He read the message..why was Venti getting even more nervous?

As if it was on instinct, he suddenly remembered all of the times Venti had rejected playing games with Xiao. Even that childish game Venti had introduced Xiao to..he had thought Xiao didn't care due to his dry responses but maybe that's how Xiao always was. Even when Venti ended up yelling at him, Xiao said nothing and just walked away.

He started to wonder,

what was he thinking?

His thoughts were cut off by a text message
-

                       Xiao
                                                                          Venti?
Xiao
                                        I don't know what to say

VENTI; it's fine, just,,,will you meet up with me or not?

                                                                              Xiao
                                              I have time, where at?

VENTI: OMG
VENTI: OK UH
VENTI: BY ___?

Xiao
                                                                                 Ok

-

Venti practically threw his phone off to the side, standing up straight, full of anticipation. He couldn't believe Xiao actually agreed, he'd really just expected the other to left him on read.

He was never really good at these talks, he'd avoid them at all cost if he could..but, he had to admit, he missed Xiao. A lot.

Venti got ready quickly, throwing on some grey sweat pants, and a random mint green t-shirt that lied in his closet. Also, some white, ankle-cut socks, and checkered shoes.

With that, he headed out the door, hoping to have restored his friendship with Xiao by the time he'd make it out.

-

As he made it to the meeting place, he looked around. No, he didn't expect Xiao to be here this early, but just to make sure..

Until he spotted a familiar face.

One that was hunched over to catch their breath, the eyes fluttering close. It was Xiao..he looked really pretty.

No..why was Venti thinking like that all the sudden? He shook the thought off, as he began walking towards Xiao.

He looked as if he'd ran all the way here..he was probably already like that.

"Xiao!" Venti called out.

Xiao looked out, only to be stunned by a large hug. Venti just couldn't help himself, but maybe he overstepped his boundary right now.

"V-Venti.." Xiao stuttered out in an exhausted voice, his face being slightly smooshed as Venti hugged onto him.

Then, Venti heard something he'd thought he'd never hear. A sniff came from Xiao followed by an unsteady breath leaving his mouth..there was no way.

Venti pulled away to look at Xiao, his heart stopped.

Xiao was crying.

That was the first time Venti had seen Xiao cry.

WORD COUNT ; 768

A/N ; Heyo! How we feeling?!? ^^
Anyways—I think this is my first time doing Venti's 'POV' but also 3rd pov for this story..if that makes sense. AND I LEARNED XIAO'S SHORTER THAN ME AND VENTI,,LIKE WHAT??