Chp.6 | Lets Play Together

"I'm gay." Xiao stated, his expression was much different from his usual monotone one.
It was full of worry despite the bit of reassurance from Venti.
He didn't want this to ruin their friendship, even if Xiao didn't admit it...Venti meant a lot to him.
...In a friendly way.

The reaction Xiao was expecting from Venti, the one that screamed 'I support..but it's kind of weird' was different. Instead, Venti smiled.
That same joy-filled smile that just brightened the world around everyone. The one that Xiao..couldn't help but smile back at.

"I knew it!..Well, after a few days but...I'm really really—so so so—so..sorry~!" Venti's words practically melted as he hunched over, feeling defeated. He couldn't believe what he had tried doing m without even realizing the other didn't even like girls.
"I didn't mean to upset you at all! I was so bad—so bad!" He had a large frown as he grabbed onto Xiao's shoulders; which Xiao always told the other not to touch him when he does so..but maybe this time could be acceptable.

—Just this once tho.

"Pfft— HAHAHA!" Xiao tried covering his mouth to mumble his own laughter, he couldn't believe Venti could still be acting so childish even in a situation like this..how spoiled is he?

Xiao had a large smile on his face, as well as his cheeks being dusted with a light shade of pink.

Venti's frown quickly formed into a smile seeing the rare site.

"It's fine—I forgive you..just..don't tell anyone about this.." Xiao mumbled the last part, embarrassment shaking over him.

"You do?! Awesome!" Venti exclaimed, he half-heartedly thought Xiao would just shut the door on him like usual or something along the lines of:' I don't forgive you.'

The once fearful face from Xiao turned into a relieved one..almost happy. Although he would never admit that himself though.

"Venti.."

"Hmm?"

"Thank you..for this I mean."

Was this real? Xiao actually thanked him?
"There's no need to thank me! You're my best friend after all, now!" Despite that, Venti still had this 'savior' or 'confident' aura.
"Now, let's play together!"

-

And that's exactly how it went. They played Roblox together for hours on end, not bothering to think of the time they were spending or how much fun they were having from a mere children's game.
They played what Xiao wanted to play this time, and on top of that, without being mocked by Venti for his odd taste.

"What? Xiao, I thought we were voting each other five stars and everyone else zero stars so we could win!" Venti exclaimed, pouting his bottom lip out dramatically.

"What..? The game says rate it on how good you think the outfit is though."

Venti groaned, flopping back onto the bed. "I knoww~..but my outfits are good! No one else has been voting for me at all...I always end up last place."

"Oh, really? I haven't noticed. I've been getting second or first."

Venti did a side glare at Xiao, who was innocently playing the game acting as if he didn't just insult the other.

"That's only 'cause I've been voting you five stars this whole time!" Venti pouted once more.

"Didn't notice."

"You—Waaah, Xiao! Fine then, I'll vote you one star this time!" The level of pettiness between the two was so vibrant that they practically looked like enemies to any stranger.

-

The clicking of the button once Xiao's character came onto the stage was extremely fast.

Honestly, the only reason Xiao got so much of a high score was because..people thought he was trolling.

Like, actually trolling.

"There!" Venti huffed, just having rated Xiao a one-star.

Despite what Xiao said before, he had an intense glare fixated on his friend.

"..."
"Uh..?"

It was silent for a couple of seconds before Xiao mindlessly returned his attention back to the game.

Venti followed the same action. It seemed every time Xiao was upset he just glared at the other and didn't say anything...

"Are you mad..? I can rate you a five next r-"

"No."

"...No to what-?"

"I'm not mad."

The way Xiao just cut him off in the middle of his sentence explains it all—.

Venti grinned.

"Xiaoo~! I'm sorry! Forgive meee—!" Venti latched onto Xiao, dropping his own phone as he hugged onto the other.

"Guh—Venti! Get off of me!" Xiao complained, still trying to move around with his character.

Venti huffed playfully. "Not until you forgive me!"

Honestly, to describe their friendship, it would be exactly like this. Venti teasing Xiao.

"That's it—!" Xiao stated, dropping his phone onto the bed as he grabbed ahold of a pillow nearby.

Venti quickly tumbled off of the bed after letting out a small gasp, letting go of Xiao, and grabbing a pillow after him.

Xiao's face looked competitive despite such a childish game..pillow fighting. Yes, pillow fighting, like the younger girls would do at sleepovers.

Xiao made the first move, stumbling a bit before throwing the pillow directly in Venti's face.
The other stayed silent for a moment, did Xiao hit him too hard?

"Ah- that was an accident..—"

Venti threw the pillow right back at Xiao, still having the same confident smirk.

Xiao knew exactly what that meant—Venti wasn't backing out of this.

-

The pillows tossed back and forth, the room was an absolute mess now but honestly, the two of them couldn't even notice.

Xiao tackled over Venti onto the bed as he straddled the other, seeming completely worn out but still not wanting to admit defeat.

"Ahaha! Are you ready to admit you lost?" Venti spoke, his voice completely coated in assurance as he grinned from ear to ear.
"It's 'cause you're not good at pillow fights! I'm sooo good at fighting—"
Cut from his small monologue of bragging, another pillow was thrown directly onto his face.

Silence.

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT— I SOUNDED SUPER COOL JUST NOW!"

WORD COUNT ; 974