Chp.12 | An Overprotective Liar?

The two texted nonstop. Wether it be meaningful or just about random things in the world, Xiao seemed to have made a new friend.
To top it off, Natsu had actually agreed to download Roblox and play it with Xiao..which Natsu may or may not had laughed at Xiao's username.

At some point, they even started to facetime. Just daily tasks, like going to the store, lazy in bed, even just simpler things like brushing their teeth or eating.

It had been about a week since Venti and him seemed to have parted ways. All because of some girl too..he should probably try explaining it to Venti soon. At least, that's what Natsu tells him to do.

He couldn't help but think, did Natsu really think that was the best way to go?

-

Natsu stayed over that night after Xiao asked if he could, like a sleepover. Only to wake up early in the morning to the doorbell being rung, who could that even be? This early too.

The problem was, it seemed Natsu was the only one who woke up to this. He shook Xiao lightly, trying to get him up.
"There's someone at the door, want be to go answer it?" Natsu asked as he pushed his fingers through his locs.

All that came from Xiao was a small mumble of something that sounded like 'yeah' as the other turned to sink his head into the pillow.

Well, he obviously wasn't a morning person.

Natsu smirked lightly as he got up to head towards the door, rushing down stairs but still trying to keep quiet as to not wake up Xiao's fathers.

The ringing continued as Natsu hesitantly opened the door. "Hello?" His voice was a bit scratchy since he'd just woken up.

What stood in front of him was a short male with dark blue hair that faded into a sky blue color, he had greenish eyes and braids.

Maybe he should've made Xiao get up after all, he had no idea who this person was.

Before another thought, the stranger spoke up,"Uhm..did I come to the wrong house..? Ehe.." as far as Venti knew, Xiao had only ever invited him over.

"Well, who are you looking for?"

"My friend-...or I guess ex-friend right now...his name is Xiao."

Natsu paused, this guy..
"..What exactly is your name?"

"Uhm, I'm Venti."

Natsu almost shut the door right then and there, absolute disgust noticeable on his expression.

Venti raised a brow as nervous sweat dripped down his face, who was this guy and why did he look so upset? Wait..did Xiao get a boyfriend?

Natsu began to speak,"First off, why are you here? You really think Xiao wants to see you of all people?" Venti's eyes widened, it had to be. Did Xiao tell the other?

"Uh..I just wanted to make up..me and Xiao have been friends for a long time. I said some pretty mean things," He furrowed his eyes off to the side, rubbing his nape,"I don't want our friendship to end like this..especially knowing what I said." Venti was obviously growing more nervous by the second, he could feel his heart racing. The guy in front of him looked and sounded so..intimidating. It was obvious who would be more popular out of the two.

"Even though I can't decide for him, I think you should've asked to meet up instead of coming to his house. From what I've heard, you're a real-" Natsu was cut off in the middle of his sentence by footsteps.

He turned around, scared that he may have woken up Xiao's parents by accident. To his surprise,..it was Xiao. The exact person who they were talking about, and the exact person Venti was hoping to see.
He looked tired, walking slowly as he yawned softly,"Natsu, is that you?" Xiao questioned, his eyes adjusting to the darkness. The doorway being blocked by the other.

Xiao was wearing a little above knee high shorts as well as a comfortable long sleeved sweater. He rubbed his eyes lightly.

Natsu's eyes widened, and the calm face from before returned, a small smile forming,"Oh, Xiao." It was like his entire demeanor changed upon seeing him.

So Venti really was at the correct house.

Xiao stared at Natsu in confusion,"Who's at the door?"

Natsu held onto the doorknob lightly,"Ah, they were just about to leave." His attention then fixated onto Venti with a glare.

Venti stood shocked before realization.
"Wait, hang on-," Before getting cut off by the door shutting in front of him.

Xiao tilted his head to the side slightly, still too exhausted to process what had happened.

Natsu looked back toward the other. "We should probably go back to sleep, it's early."

"Who was that-"

"No one, they were just trying to sell a product.."

-

A habit he'd tried getting rid of a long time ago,

Lying.

-

Venti stayed silent as the door was shut on him, that was definitely Xiao, no mistaking it..but who was that guy? He didn't seem too fond of Venti, that's for sure. He was staying at Xiao's house though..did..Xiao move on?

No, that couldn't be it..could it? Xiao would never do that, he's nice, caring, even if he doesn't show it. They'd been friends for as long as Venti could remember..

Although the windy weather was cold, especially with the sky's beginning to change color from dark to orange, he just stood there.

Like an idiot.

WORD COUNT ; 930

A/N ; HIHI...and omg...I uploaded one day late...sorry about that...I feel really bad about it but I'm starting to feel this story is no good so I hadn't had motivation to write. Although, I know there's some people that like it so I'm gonna continue until the end! I'll try uploading again this week, promise T_T