Chp.7 | Onesided E-Dating

Xiao has been playing Roblox for a while now, yes, he still hasn't gotten bored of that godforsaken game that Venti still goes out of his way to claim as an 'addiction'.

Although, there are always going to be situations online that you don't know what to do..or you're just blatantly oblivious to them until a friend explains it to you.

This is basically something happening to Xiao right now.
The situation is called e-dating, or, one-sided e-dating considering Xiao is too dense to understand.

-

"Xiao? Who are you playing with?" Venti asked as he peered over his friend's shoulder.

Xiao only bummed in response, continuing to move his character around as he walked side by side with this guy in the game.

Venti huffed. "Answer—..." he paused, "is it your boyfriend?" Honestly, Venti had done his fair share of online dating throughout his experience on Roblox with many girls...although, most of them actually turned out to be male and lying about their gender.

Which is why Venti doesn't happen to do that anymore.

"Boyfriend?" The other's face shriveled up in disgust as his character stopped moving.
"No, he's my friend." He scoffed, seeming a bit amused.

Venti only nodded, getting the point immediately by the expression from Xiao before.
They probably get that a lot—

Xiao's character and the unknown guy traveled along with the plot, soon enough, the guy had typed something out.

Xxboba_boyxX : thx xiao ❤️
Xxboba_boyxX : ######
Xxboba_boyxX : ####
Xxboba_boyxX : k
Xxboba_boyxX : i
Xxboba_boyxX : #
Xxboba_boyxX : z
Xxboba_boyxX : e
Xxboba_boyxX : z

"..."
Venti paused. "So, that was a lie?"

"What are you talking about?"

"—Xiao, he literally just kissed you."

Xiao shot Venti a confused look, shifting on the couch.
"No, he didn't? It clearly says 'K I Z E Z'."

Venti was now straight-faced..oh my god.
"So you guys aren't dating?"

"No, of course not, idiot."

"Ask him."

"Why would I do that?"

"...Just ask him."

"No."

"..."
And with that, Venti snatched the phone out of the others hand swiftly.
This seemed to be a reoccurring situation to be completely honest.

"Hey, give that back!" Xiao shouted, reaching out for his phone.

He didn't even notice the quick movements of Venti's hand that typed something out.

Unicorngame19tree : R we d8ing?

As the message was sent, Venti simply handed the phone back to the annoyed Xiao as he began to wait for a response.

Xxboba_boyxX : wdym? Ofc lol

What was left, was simply silence. Venti hadn't expected the other to actually admit it like maybe they had been just flirting or something but x x boba underscore boy x x actually thought they were in a relationship together?

"What does that mean? What did you type?" Xiao's brows furrowed in frustration as he stared at the screen impatiently.

Venti dramatically put a hand on Xiao's shoulder as he looked down at the other with pity. "Xiao...I don't know how to tell you this.." he jumped over onto the couch as he sat beside Xiao. (Parkour..)

"Tell me what?"

"This guy thinks you and him are dating."

Xiao's eyes widened, confused by even such an assumption, "No he doesn't, I already said we're just friends."

Venti only rolled his eyes in return.
"He doesn't think that though—you need to tell him you guys aren't together."

Xiao stayed silent for a moment before uttering out a quiet response of, "Why do you care."

The other was practically dazed by the question.
"What do you mean 'why do I care'? I'm your best friend, that's why!"

Xiao slouched into a more comfortable position as he lifted a pillow to sit under his chin, still making sure only to pay direct attention to his phone screen. The truth was, Xiao, didn't know what to do in the slightest. He's never dated anyone before except a girl in high school, because his friends told him to accept her confession.
Although, the relationship only lasted a week before she got bored and ended it by breaking up with him.

Xiao didn't like his Roblox friend though, like at all. He had no romantic feelings for—anyone, well, he still had to think about that. At least not that he knew of though.

So then, of course, there was an issue.

-

Unicorngame19tree: I like someone else.

Venti tried looking to an angle to see the screen. "What did you type?" He asked with a curious look.

Xiao had a slight smile on his face, although it went unnoticed by Venti, "Nothing."

WORD COUNT ; 743