Chp.11 | It's My Fault

Xiao couldn't even think about what just happened, all he decided to do was just walk home in utter silence.
It was ironic, how fast he could be judged by a 'best friend' without them even hearing his side of the story. Especially since Venti was always the one that would try his best to comfort him.

Although, it was to be expected. He knew he'd be replaced someday, he was boring and picky. Venti probably realized he could've done better than Xiao, therefore, it's his fault..right?
He should've been more thankful, showed Venti more kindness instead of being so selfish and weird.

His fault.

All of it.

His fault.

At this point he was panicking, what would his parents say? Would they blame Xiao too? He'd probably deserve that.
He decided against it, he didn't want to go back home right now. He couldn't risk that, it would be too embarrassing. Not to mention the millions of reactions they could have. God knows what goes through their heads—especially since Venti and Xiao had been friends since childhood. He was looking all over the place wondering what to do like a confused kitten. He stopped by a restaurant, he's never been here, has he? He walked up and swung the doors open softly, not like he had enough energy to swing them open harshly anyways. As he came in, he pulled some money out of his pocket as he went up to the register.

"Hello." He stated quietly, looking up at the menu. Maybe just a drink will do, he wasn't really all that hungry.
"Hi! What can I get for you today?" An energetic voice spoke, it sounded really calming and deep. He looked toward the voice, it was a guy. He had a  short pure black afro and dark skin, to top it off he had beautiful crimson eyes.
"..Oh-..just a sweet tea please." Xiao replied in a monotone voice, furrowing his eyes away from the other. The black haired male looked to be around the same age as him, especially with the button nose he had making him look younger.

He did some quick typing before returning his gaze back to Xiao. The stranger frowned slightly as he looked at the other,"You seem to be upset. Anything wrong?" He asked with a slight head tilt.

Xiao shook his head, beginning to feel flustered,"No no, nothings wrong." He absolutely hated talking about his feelings.

"I'll trust that," He did a small smile,"My names Natsu!"

Natsu, huh? That's a..cool name. Xiao smiled slightly,"I'm Xiao."

-
They had ended up sharing a table together since Natsu's shift was about to end, talking about random stuff on their mind.

It turns out this Natsu guy had been working here for only a few months, they actually got along pretty well Xiao would say..maybe this could help take his mind off Venti for a few days.
He'd hope it wouldn't have to last that long though,

Before he knew it, Xiao had ended up telling Natsu what happened with Venti and Sato..Natsu was surprisingly a really good listener. He didn't end up getting more upset then Xiao was either.

"I'm sorry to hear that.., that must be pretty tough." Natsu said in a calm tone,"You should talk to him about it, tell him what really happened."

Xiao pouted slightly,"He would never listen to me, especially if a girls involved."

"You'll never know if you don't try..this Venti guy seems to care about you a lot."

"..I guess so."

-

Natsu and Xiao ended up exchanging numbers, after the hour lasting talk, Xiao actually felt..a lot better. If he was upset, he'd usually just play roblox. Thank Venti for the free coping mechanism—

And so, Xiao finally had the courage to go home to his parents. Although, right when he entered the room, he just ran towards his bedroom. Practically flopping onto the bed Xiao let out a breath of relief he didn't even know he was holding.
Should he really text Venti about this?

Maybe he should ask the other to meet up..but Venti seemed really happy talking with Sato. Looking back at how much Venti trusted her more than Xiao, Xiao must be the problem still. His thoughts were cut off by a notification..was that Venti?

Xiao hurried to pick up his phone,

UNKNOWN NUMBER: Heyy!! It's Natsu ::)

Ah. Maybe not.

Xiao saved UNKNOWN NUMBER as Nats

WORD COUNT ; 750

A/N ; short and boring chapter, but..at least I got it out this week. I was super sick T_T