The Revival

"That sounds crazy." Wrecker huffed.

Hunter stood before his squad mates. Omega wasn't there. She was still sleeping, which was very well needed for her after crying all night. Plus, Hunter didn't want her there in case he got her hopes up for nothing. He had just told them the dream, or vision that he had with Cora. That they needed to get the crystal to her body. Cas was among them as well, with his knowledge it was best to have him there as well.

Cas had been quiet the whole time. He said nothing as his hand stroked his beard, thinking on his words.

"I know." Hunter said nodding. "But we have to try."

Tech shook his head. "It is impossible."

Echo nodded. "She's dead Hunter." He said sternly. "You have to accept that... we all have to accept that." He said sadly.

Hunter shook his head. "No, we can't just give up."

"You can't bring someone back from the dead." Echo spoke clearly, almost upset at the fact that Hunter was pushing her death so much.

"But she said we could!" Hunter pleaded. "We can't give up on her now, she wouldn't want it."

"It's hard to accept something like this when she died right in front of us." Wrecker mumbled sadly.

Hunter stood frustrated, his body turning to Cas. "I didn't dream it. She was actually there and she told me that the crystal has her soul in it."

Cas said nothing, still thinking as he stroked his chin. "This is all new to me."

"All the more reason to try it." Hunter told him.

Everyone was silent as they looked to Hunter. His eyes wide but filled with sleep.

"Hunter." Echo sighed. "When was the last time you slept?"

Hunter said nothing, he just looked to his brothers.

"Maybe you should go lie down." Tech suggested. "You have been taking care of Omega these last few days and you had talked with Captain Rex about—"

"No." Hunter said sternly. His eyes filled with sadness as he looked to his brothers. "If Cora were in our position, she wouldn't hesitate to bring one of us back." His eyes narrowed as he spoke. "We can't give up on her like this, not when there's a chance we can have her back."

Everyone looked down in shame. Hunter was right. Cora would have done anything to get one of them back, so denying the chance to bring her back felt completely wrong.

Hunter tried to calm himself, "Tech, do you still have the crystal?"

His brother nodded. Tech had taken the pieces of the crystal to study, because it was still a kyber crystal, meaning it would be helpful for him to study. "But I haven't gotten any unusual readings from it." Tech told him.

"Go get it." Hunter nodded. He turned to Cas who was watching the group. "We need to get to Cora."

Cas sighed. Because Cora was royalty, she had to be placed in the tomb where her ancestors were. It was a secret place, one which only the prophet's knew about. When it came time to put Cora away, the group wanted to argue with Cas to be there when they put her to rest. But they respected the tradition. Cora's body was somewhere on Qwern, and Cas was the only one who knew where she was placed.

The old man hesitated. "Alright." He agreed.

Hunter nodded again and felt his heart flutter. His mind jumbled with thoughts as he saw Omega step into the room. Everyone turned to her, sleep in her eyes as her eyes were still red.