Chapter 15

Cora watched as the medical droid took care of Echo. Rex went off with General Skywalker to debrief with the other generals and discuss how to end the battle on Anaxes. The droids quickly scanned over Echo as she leaned her body on one of the empty beds. There were many clones around, injured from battle. Cora scanned the room and her eyes landed on Commander Cody. Glancing at Echo once again, she pushed herself up and approached Cody, who was sitting up in his bed.

"Commander," she greeted, "Nice to see that you're alive." She mused.

Cody chuckled, "Nice to see Echo again." He looked over to the pale trooper.

Cora hummed, "How are you feeling?"

"Rough." He stated, "But I'm getting better." He turned to Cora, "I've heard that you've had some fun with the Bad Batch."

"Now, who told you that?" She crossed her arms.

"I did." Cora turned around and saw Hunter walk into the the room with her and Cody.

"Sergeant," the Senator turned to him, a smile on her lips, "I get the feeing that your following me."

"Not my fault you stay in common areas." He shrugged with a smirk on his face.

Cora rolled her eyes at him. "How did the mission go?" Cody asked shaking his head at the two.

"We had some rough patches, but we survived."

"If by rough patches, you mean almost falling thousands of feet to your death, then yeah," Hunter breathed, "It was good."

"Senator," Cody chuckled, "You have a bad habit of almost falling."

Cora chuckled back, "Captain Lark would unfortunately agree with you."

"Lark?" Hunter questioned, "I've never heard that name."

"Captain Lark commands the 603rd, under General Jax Uptem." Cody started, "It's the special operations. One which the Senator is greatly familiar with."

"I thought you only worked with Rex and the 501st?" Hunter turned to Cora, who shrugged.

"I've worked with many companies, Sergeant." Cora nodded to him, "But the special operations has been my company these past few months."

A sudden commotion caused the three to turn and see Echo trying to get up from his bed. "No, I need to leave." He pushed the droids away.

Hunter and Cora exchanged a look, before walking towards the weak clone. "Woah, Echo hold on." Cora reached out and tried to stop Echo. "What's the rush?"

"I have to speak with Rex and the Generals." He stood up and looked at Cora. "I might be able to help turn the tide on Anaxes."

Cora looked at Hunter for support, but he just shrugged. "Let him go." Hunter said nodding to her. Cora gave him a look.

"I'm sure Rex will come over once he's done, but you need to-"

"No." Echo stopped Cora. "I need to Senator. Please."

Cora looked at him, his eyes filled with fear but then settled into assurance. Cora knitted her brows and nodded. Echo brushed himself off and thanked her before walking out of the medical centre. Once Echo left from their sights, Cora whipped around and smacked Hunter on the arm. His composure became lose as he rubbed his arm, looking at the Senator with confusion.