The Plan

"There's a group of people who would be willing to help you." Cas told the group as they planned on the Marauder. "Just outside of he city, there's a base of freedom fighters." He told them, "Cora was involved with them for a while before she escaped. They'd be more then willing to help."

"Why did you help Cora?" Hunter asked as he leaned against one of the back panels. Everyone watched as Cas glanced to the Sergeant.

"Because I knew what her fate was if she stayed here."

"Which was what?" Wrecker asked.

Cas rubbed his beard. "She was to be a puppet for her father. Controlled like she is now. I had to get her far away as possible. So I gave her a ship and sent her to the system where I knew Captain Rex and his squad were."

"You know Rex?" Echo asked leaning forward in his seat.

Cas shook his head. "Not personally. But a clone who was captured talked about him once, said he was to be trusted."

"So you sent Cora to the area of the galaxy where Rex was going to be?" Tech urged for him to continue.

The old man nodded. "I knew she didn't agree with her father, everyone knew that. Especially after she caused the death of a clone." The guys looked to Cas. "Her father told her to stay away from the caves, but she was always breaking his rules. She found the camp and met Commander Ace. Her father found her helping him escape and killed him in front of Cora."

"Poor Cora." Omega mumbled looking down.

"That must be why Cora was heavily involved in recon missions." Tech turned to Hunter.

He nodded. "She wanted to atone for her fathers doings."

"I knew she would do good with her abilities." Cas sighed. "I'm extremely proud of everything she's done."

"So are we." Hunter nodded, smiling softly. "That's why we have to save her."

~

Omega stayed back on the ship with Cas. Hunter led his men through the woods as they got down to their stomachs, and looked down into the valley where the base that Cas told them about. Echo pulled out a scope, so did Tech looked down to the base.

Hunter felt a chill down his spine. Something was off. His eyes scanned the area as smoke and screams filled his senses.

"Hunter." Echo said. "Crosshair is here."

He gave Hunter the scope and he looked down to the base. He had just shot a fighter as he looked around. He looked around more, his eyes landing on Cora. She was standing over a man, his face focused on her.

Before Hunter could say anything to his group, Cora took her staff and plunged it into the stomach of the rebel. Hunter pulled the scope from his eyes and watched from a distant. His stomach felt tied in knots as he watched her kill a man.

"That isn't her. She can't control it." Tech assured Hunter.

Tech's words rolled through one ear and went right out the other. He was right, as always. But seeing Cora like this made him feel like he failed her. He agreed to let her come here, even telling her it was a good idea. Hunter had pressured her to come back home, and now she was against them.

Hunter saw a guard get to close to them as he ordered his men to take him out quickly. They did as they were told and they planned to turn back and move away. The base had been destroyed and everyone killed. But Hunter stopped, feeling the gaze of Cora on him. He turned towards her and locked eyes, a flash of guilt in her eyes could be seen from their distance. He watched for a moment as Crosshair pulled his sniper up, ready to shoot them. The sound echoed off the trees as Cora pulled the sniper away from their direction.

She stopped Crosshair from killing them.

"Let's go back." Hunter said quickly as they retreated back into the woods.

His heart ached. It had been a few hours since Cora had been taken over by the king. They were running out of time, and they needed to take action now.

~

"You did good daughter." Turto smirked as he leaned back in his throne. He looked down at the data pad Cora had gotten from K'Ali, now in the kings hands.

Crosshair took his helmet off. He was brewing. Cora's actions earlier made him furious. "She stopped me from killing my old squad." He told her father.

Cora turned to him, her mask now off, her eyes burning into his head. The king looked up and glanced between his daughter and Crosshair. "Good." Crosshair snapped his head towards the king, his eyes wild. "Cora should have the enjoyment of killing them."

"But—"

"Imagine the pain they'll go through." The king interrupted Crosshair. He leaned forward in his throne. "The woman they love, killing them one by one." He chuckled and leaned back. "I know they plan on attacking the palace, Cas thinks he's smart. That's why I had you kill all those rebels. Less people to aid them."

Turto looked to the two before him. He stood and walked around the two. He eyed them closely as Crosshair glared to the king. He pulled the crystal from his coat and held it up. He squeezed it and it somehow sent Cora to her knees. She groaned as pain went down her spine. Her ears were ringing as the king looked to Crosshair.

"Don't get me wrong, Clone." He snarled. "I'm upset that my daughter stopped you of the pleasure of killing your team." Turto looked to Cora who held her stomach in pain. "But she is already being punished enough."

He let the crystal relax in his hands as Cora let out a gasp. The pain in her body slowly subsided as she slowly got to her feet, her throat dry from pain.

"My daughter will soon become consumed by my control, so she won't defy me for much longer." Turto lifted Cora's chin and looked her in the eyes, her gaze shifted across his face. "She will need to produce an heir, to keep my own power."

"You won't live forever." Cora mumbled as Turto dropped her chin.

"No." He hummed looking to Crosshair. "But with you fully under my control, I can make you just like me." Cora swallowed her anxiety that was finally filling her lungs. Turto looked to Crosshair again, "You seem like a trustworthy clone."

Crosshair's eyes grew wide at what the king was referring too. His face grew in disgust as he looked to Cora. "You promised me power in the Empire. I'm not here to be anything else."

Turto glared at the clone. He looked away and thought for a moment. Crosshair stole a glance to Cora who looked to him, her expression unreadable, so was his. Cora sucked in some air as she shifted on her boots, her armour feeling heavy on her already tired body.

"If I want an heir," Turto turned back to face the two, "I should get that leader of yours here." Cora's eyes snapped to her father, his smile turning into a smirk. "Ah, so I was right." He hummed, "That Sergeant is the one you love." Turto nodded. "Maybe we should contact the clone, for our own benefit." The king smirked as Cora felt small under his dark and scary gaze.

She worried of what his plans were with her and Hunter.