Chapter 29

"Hunter." Cora whispered. Her hands lay on his chest, her eyes scanning his face. He was breathing, his respiratory was breathing with him, fogging up the glass.

Her eyes moved across the darkness in front of her. Trying to keep her eyes open for the creature and Omega. She wanted to go find Omega, but Hunter was unconscious and needed aid. His blaster was missing from his hip, but it wasn't laying around near him. His flashlight also gone.

Cora needed Hunter to find Omega.

Her hands rested on his chest, she shook him a little, hoping he'd gain consciousness again. Cora looked around again, hoping that Omega was nearby. She was only a kid. Cora's fear had taken over again. She worried for Hunter. Yes, he was breathing, but... her anxiety brought her back to Mora.

"Please." She whispered, her voice cracking.

Cora was afraid. It shook over her body like a cold breeze. She lay her forehead on his chest, trying to calm herself. Squeezing her eyes closed, she heard Hunter groan causing her head to shoot up.

Cora grabbed his face as his eyes slowly blinked open. He glanced around and focused on Cora as she breathed a sigh of relief. Hunter sat up with the help of Cora and winced as he held his head. Cora sat on her knees, watching carefully as Hunter breathed in and out. He was alive. For a moment, Hunter touched his mask and started to gasp, then pant. He looked towards Cora, his eyes wide. Something had clicked in his head.

"Omega." He looked around. Hunter picked himself up, stumbling which earned a hand from Cora. The two stood as Hunter looked around. "Where's Omega?" He asked frantically.

"I don't know, she wasn't here when I found you." Cora said quickly.

Hunter turned to her. "You didn't think to go find her?" His voice was rough and demanding.

"You were unconscious!" Cora shot back, "I couldn't leave you here!"

Hunter sighed and looked down to the ground. He got on one knee and picked through the dirt. Cora watched as he tracked her footprints. She didn't necessarily feel guilty for not going to find Omega, she had a feeling Omega took his blaster and light.

"This way." Hunter said as he walked the path Omega took.

It was silent. They didn't say anything. They called for Omega, not wanting to talk to each other. An awkwardness held over their heads like a cloud. They just focused on finding Omega. Finally, after calling for Omega, they heard her faint voice.

"I'm coming!"

From one of the many holes they tracked her too, her little hands appeared on the edge as she grunted, trying to climb from the hole. Hunter quickly to her aid, helped lift her out of the hole.

"Are you okay?" Cora asked as Omega turned to her and Hunter.

"What were you thinking going down there?" Hunter questioned, which earned an unimpressed look from Cora.

"The mission was to retrieve the capacitor, wasn't it?" Omega said calmingly. "I tracked the dragon, like you did." Her eyes looked up to Hunter.

"Is that my blaster?" Hunter asked taking it from Omega.

"Don't worry. I didn't have to use it." Omega said smiling. "I got the part."

Hunter took the capacitor, looking quite surprised that the girl had done all this herself. Especially since he was unconscious.

"Heh." Cora cracked a smile. "Good job, kid." She patted her back, a proud smile on her face.

Omega looked up to her and smiled. Her cheeks flushed from happiness.