Chapter 42

The soft sound of tapping echoed throughout the hull of the ship. Her leg bounced as her fingers tapped on the edge of her knee guard. Sitting wasn't helping anymore so she lifted herself and started to pace the ship. Cora felt distracted as the rest of the group talked and chatted about the inhibitor chips. She also wants the only one who felt inpatient, Wrecker started to pace as well, earning Cora to lift her gaze to him.

She grew nervous.

Rex had a point. These men around her were dangerous. Cora felt uncomfortable in the space she was in, surrounded by clones that had killed the Jedi. Of course the group hadn't killed anyone from this Order 66, expect Crosshair, even though Cora didn't want to question the group about their rouge brother, she still worried. They were bombs waiting to go off with one wrong move.

Wrecker passed her as she stepped back, finding herself not wanting to be around them. She watched him carefully as he groaned and held his head. The same knot of anxiety grew in her stomach.

"Cora." Echo's voice drew her from her thoughts. She quickly turned to the clone, and saw his worried look. "Do you... want to talk about what's on your mind?" He hesitated, wondering if he should open this sensitive conversation.

"Nothing is on my mind." She shrugged. Hunter was one she couldn't lie too because of his heightened senses, he could senses the change in her. She could lie to Wrecker, Tech and even Omega. Echo was either hot or cold, sometimes she could, other times she couldn't.

Echo gave her a look. This was one of those times where she couldn't lie to him. "Rex came back from out of the blue." He stated. "How does that make you feel?"

"How does it make you feel?" Her head snapped to him. She sighed, not meaning to snap like that.

"I left on my own terms." Echo said softly. "You didn't."

Cora sighed looking down. "I know." Her voice was low. "I just don't know how to feel."

Echo stepped closer. "Are you going to go with him?"

Cora looked up. She then looked anywhere but his face. "I don't know." She admitted.

Echo nodded and stepped away. The women began to pace again. Her mind questioning itself. She sat back down and bounced her leg again, her eyes down to her feet. She had no idea if she was going to leave with Rex. She really did want too, but everything was telling her to stay with Clone Force 99. Not only just the guys, but Omega. She promised to stay with her, but she was bound to break that promise once she found Rex. Now that she found him, she wasn't sure if her mind was set on leaving or staying. Cora grew conflicted with every minute that passed.

A hand landed on her shoulder, causing her to bolt up and push the hand away.

Hunter stood shocked, his hands up as Cora panicked at his touch. Something she had never done before. Hunter reached forward again, but Cora backed away from him. "Please." She blinked. "Just... don't touch me." Cora's voice was low and corse.

"Okay." Hunter nodded stepping away.

"I'm sorry." She blinked and shook her head. "It's just..." Cora hesitated. "You're all extremely dangerous right now."

Hunter watched her as Cora rubbed her arms, clearly nervous. Hunter didn't need his enhanced senses to see how scared Cora had become. He nodded and stepped away once again. "We're not going to hurt you." He tried to assure her.

"I know you won't," she looked up to him, "but that chip will make you it's slave."

~

Everyone stood in the cockpit of the ship as the bright sun shone through the class. Echo flew closer down to the planet as Omega watched the many ships that were grounded, pass them.