Chapter 6

The group landed safely back at the base. Rex, and Cora were called away to talk with General Skywalker, to try and convince him that they needed to go save Echo.

Jumping off their ship, Rex turned to Hunter. "This may take a while, so get yourself and your men ready."

"Sure thing Cap." Hunter nodded.

"Don't do anything stupid." Cora whispered to Jesse.

Jesse rolled his eyes, "With this group," he looked to the Bad Batch, "I can't promise anything." Cora chuckled and shook her head, leaving Jesse with Hunter and his team.

Rex was quiet as they walked towards the war room. Cora knew he was trying to think of every way to convince them that they needed to find Echo. As they entered the war room, General Skywalker waited for them.

"Senator Tane." He greeted with a nod.

"General." She nodded back.

"It's been a while." Skywalker smiled, "We should have brought you in sooner."

"I would have come anytime, General. For you and the 501st." She winked, which earned and nudge from Rex.

"Sir," Rex laid his helmet on the hologram table in front of them. "We reached the Cyber Centre and found who was relaying the strategy plans to the Separatists."

"And?"

Cora and Rex exchanged a glance. "Well..." Rex started.

"It's Echo sir. He's alive." Cora stepped forward. The General looked at them almost in shock. "He might be held against his will."

"If he's still alive, sir." Rex started, "We have to go get him."

General Skywalker folded his arms and pondered their findings. "And you're sure this is him."

"Yes sir." Both Rex and Cora replied.

After a moment, that felt like forever, the General nodded. "Alright," he unfolded his arms, "but we have to get General Kenobi's approval first, which," he chuckled, "won't be a problem."

"Thank you sir." Rex nodded.

"Thank you General." Cora smiled.

Skywalker nodded and gave a soft smile as Cora excused herself from the war room. She was never one to stay long for meetings and such. All the formalities and being proper just wasn't right for her. So, she left the room and made her way back out to the hanger for some fresh air.

Cora leaned her head back on the stone wall behind her. Closing her eyes she finally found a moment of peace. She had been fighting nonstop in the war for the past three months, battle after battle, loss after loss. She fought alongside many clones and lost many she had drawn close too. They were her friends, her family.

She had been drawn away from the battle on Tula when she got an emergency comm from Rex, asking her to come to Anaxes for a special mission. Three months prior she was with Rex, fighting with the Jedi on the battlefield. But her sharp skills and stealth skills were needed elsewhere. The Jedi council saw her more fit for stealth missions, recon and intel collection. She didn't protest at that idea but it always worried her to leave her friend Rex.

He was strong in his own ways, his power and force was something no other clone could match. He was the best of the best. But she still worried, he was the closest friend she had. The two together were a force to be reckoned with.

"Hm, what is it?" Cora asked her eyes still closed. She felt the eyes of someone on her as she relaxed.

"Just loading up for the mission, wondering if you were joining us." Hunter said, Cora opened her eyes and lifted her head.