Chapter 45

Have an extra chapter today, since I've got a few lined up and ready to go :)) You might want a box of tissues for this one

~

Cora finished up taking care of Tech. Patting his shoulder, she turned to the last member in the group.

"Alright Sargent," she smirked, "you're up." She patted the table once Tech got from the spot.

Hunter smirked towards her and sat down. Cora reached forward and gently pulled his bandana off, his hair falling a little more loose on his face. Brushing his hair back with his hand, Cora placed the bandana on the small medical table where all her tools lay.

"Say goodbye to a part of your luxurious hair." She mumbled, earning a chuckle from Hunter.

She began to cut down the part where the chip was, half leaning on Hunter. "When this is over," Hunter started, "you should leave with Rex."

Cora stopped for a moment, looking at Hunter.

Hunter looked down, "He's doing work to help people, we aren't. It's better for you to go with him."

"Hunter."

"I mean it Cora." Hunter said sternly, taking Cora by surprise. Cora's face dropped. She placed what she was holding on the table next to her, keeping her gaze away from Hunter. "Leave with the Captain. I don't want you coming with us. It's safer for you to leave with him."

Cora choked back her tears. His words dug a hole in her heart. "Is this what's been on your mind?" She whispered.

Hunter didn't reply, he just looked to her.

Cora's eyes turned soft, then quickly into a hard gaze. Her voice cracked. "It's nice to know that everything meant nothing to you." She said slamming down the needle into his arm. Hunter groaned as Cora injected him, placing the needle down.

"Cora." He said grabbing her hand. Pulling her hand out of his, she told him to lie down. "Just wait." He said.

"No." She shook her head, "You said what you said, Hunter. You are such a liar." She said pressing the button, the machine starting behind Hunter.

Hunter lay down on the table as Cora walked away from the controls. "Tech," she said to him as he packed his things away, "watch him."

Walking back out towards the hall, she leaned her head back on the old beaten metal. A shadow came next to her from the light in the infirmary.

"It's a good thing you got those chips out of the boys." Rex chuckled, "who knows what other trouble you would have run into."

Rex caught the eye of Cora and saw how upset she was. His leaning relaxed posture changed, so did his smirk. "I assume he told you." He said approaching her. Cora looked away from Rex. "Let's get some air." He placed his hand on her shoulder as he walked past her, making his way down the hall.

Cora followed him silently. They made their way through the old ship and reached the top where they had entered from. Taking a deep breath, Cora closed her eyes as she felt the warm of the sun before he it down over the junkyard.

"What really happened to you when Order 66 was called?" Cora asked suddenly. He told the quick version back at Cid's, but there was more to it.

Rex looked to her, he sighed looking out over the the field of ships. "We had just gotten Maul from Mandalore." He started. "We we're taking him back to the Jedi council when it was called." He shook his head. "I tried to fight it but..." he cleared his throat as Cora turned to him. "Ashoka managed to get my chip out, but we lost the 332nd, after crashing on a moon."