Chapter 22 - Sofia

Start from the beginning

I was dragging my feets on the cold floor. Blankets still wrapped around me, looking like a mess, but that was the last thing on my mind.

Romeo was standing in front of my door. He was wearing black sweatpants, shirt and really big winter jacket. His nose and hands were little red from the cold outside but that didn't stop him to look fucking perfect. His hands were full, carrying bags from grocery store, pharmacy and McDonald's.
"Hello Bella." He walked inside, straight to the kitchen leaving all the bags on the counter. When I walked to him he hugged me so soft, so caring that I wanted to burst out crying.
"How are you feeling?" He moved from hug and started taking out things from the bags.
"Just how I look." I laughed a little and sat down on the bar stool.
"So, perfect?" He smiled and put down food in front of me. "Eat this then we're gonna go trough medications."
"But..." I tired to explain how hard it is for me to eat and swallow but he didn't let me finish.
"We're not gonna discuss your eating. Now eat Bella." He put everything in place, or in place he wanted to.

I realized this was his first time in my home and it felt kinda strange. He was acting like he spent hours in here, so casual, so chill. I watched him with my full attention because I want to remember every single detail of him in my apartment.
He really came just to take care of me and I was scared he was angry because I was sick. That put soft smile on my face.
"What is it?" I didn't realize he leaned down over the counter watching me.
"I thought you were mad at me, and here you are being my doctor." He was confused.
"Mad? Why would I?" He moved his face closer. "Did you done something?" Is he concerned?
"Nothing beside getting sick, but..." I swallowed hard and I could see the worry on his face. "You didn't text me back, literally anything."
"Oh Bella. I'm sorry. I got caught up in work, they drove me crazy." He lift me up from the stool and gently put me down on the couch. He tucked blankets better around my body and sat down.

After, probably twenty minutes, of him explaining to me all the medications he brought we started talking about everything and anything. I really liked the idea of him being next to me, taking care of me, in my apartment. First, I was surprised by this completely gently side of him, without rough side first. Second, he looked so much more relaxed in sweatpants and t-shirt. But he still looked like the hottest guy that ever stepped on this planet.
Black shirt hugged his muscles perfectly while sweatpants were loosen up on his hips, not tightening his thighs. His hair was still perfectly made, without any hair popping out of her place.

Absorbing him next to me, really made me forget that my body is falling apart. He laughed much more now than he did in the beginning.
God, what's happening to me? I was so happy that we looked like some normal couple, taking care of each other. Am I... No, I can't!

"I want to ask you something." He turned fully to me.
"Hm?" My eyes were heavy and the pain was back but I really tried to put that to the side.
"You know Christmas is coming and every year Enzos and mine parents come to the States so we could celebrate together." He was nervous? Why?
He was playing with his fingers discretely probably thinking that I wouldn't see it. But I did and that pulled out like hundreds of questions out of my mind.
"And, chatty Enzo told them about you." He was looking me straight into my eyes. Now I'm nervous.
"So... Bella, would you like to come to the Christmas dinner?" He touched my hands over the blankets but still, I shivered from his touch.

Oh. My. God. Christmas dinner with his family? Together? Us? My head is going to explode. Is he calling me just because Enzo couldn't keep his mouth shut or because he wants me there? Great Sofia, now overthing everything.
Answer girl!

"Yes. I would love that." I could feel his touch relaxed. "But..." I was shy to ask but I really wanted to know.
"You're coming as my girlfriend. Enzo was able to keep the rest to himself." He smiled.

Girlffriend? Oh, I wish. Sofia, stop!

We changed the subject and start talking while he was lightly brushing his hand on my knee that wasn't fully covered with blanket. I leaned my head on the couch trying to ignore the fact that I'm burning and literally my eyelashes hurt.
Fuck, I'm feeling so weak. I don't know if its because of medication or I'm really this sick.

"Bella? Are you okay?" He looked at me worried.
"Honestly... no." When I swallowed, I mean tried to, it hurt so bad that my eyes filled with tears immediately.
"No... Sofia." He came closer and put my legs over his but I couldn't stop myself from crying.

One tear fell down my cheek then another and another.
"Come here Bella." Now I was fully sitting in his lap. He was slowly brushing my back, under the blankets, with his fingers and I leaned my head on his shoulder, close to his neck. I could smell his scent. It was strong but pleasurable, it was him.
"Do you want to go to the doctor?" He lower his tone.
I supressed my sobbings "If I don't get better in couple of days I will go."
"Okay. You know I got you right? I'm full time doctor on your service." He kissed me on head.
I smiled.

Again, sweat woke me up. I hated being sweaty, especially when I'm sick. I sat down on my bed and remembered being in Romeos arms, him caressing my hair gently.
Did he left? I don't know why but that made me sad. Why didn't he stay? And just like he could hear my thoughts even from his sleep, he murmured something quietly and turned to his stomach, putting his hands under the pillow. I turned around only to see him without his shirt and sweatpants, all dreamy and peaceful. His back and hands were probably my favorite thing about him, minus the... I smiled.

Looking at him in my bed, sleeping, made my heart smile. He really did take care of me, put me in bed, tucked me in and then fall asleep next to me. I realized I have never saw him sleep, he was always the first one to wake up.

I will go back to observing him when I change my PJ.