Chapter 22 - Sofia

My Monday in hospital was hectic, it drained every atom of strength I had but still, I loved it. No matter how tired I would get the next day I would always give hundred procent of myself. Being a surgeon is my childhood dream and I'm chasing it.

It was already pass midnight and I was laying in bed, scrolling trough my phone, texting Kim here and there. I'm gonna see Romeo tomorrow, practically today. I put my phone on the nightstand and quickly fell asleep.

Alarm went on in 6 am. It was disturbingly loud and my body got chills just by the thought of going out this early when whole New York is covered in snow. I could barely move my muscles to turn the alarm off.
When I sat down on my bed I felt pain in every single part of my body. This wasn't just me being sleepy.
I could barely swallow, my throat was painful as fuck. My body was hot from the inside but I was cold. I got sore throat from drinking cold water every day. Great, just great.

I texted doctor Kevin, informing him of my sickness and made myself a tea. He wished me quick recovery and told me not to stress about my comings to the hospital. He really was nice, maybe because he is younger and he understand how hard university can get. I was lucky to be his intern.

I feel asleep watching TV.

Cold sweat was covering my back, my forehead and my legs. I hope the temperature dropped. Before I got in the shower I texted Romeo because I'm clearly not getting better and that means that we won't be able to spend the night.
Am I sad because of that? Fuck, I miss him. It was only one day and I already missed him, his laugh, body, how gentle and rough he can be...

Colder shower helped me collect myself but I was still feeling super bad. I couldn't eat since my throat was so painful, even tea made me suffer but I made another one.
Cozy blanket and probably four layers of clothes made me nervous but that's the only way I wasn't cold.
Still no response from Romeo.

I took another medication and in half an hour I could feel my eyelids becoming heavier. This flu or whatever this is made me feel so weak, like I'm made of paper and that paper was already ripped. I was laying in between many pillows on the couch since my flat bed made my back hurt even more. I could swear that I feel every segment of my spine.
If you ask me what was the last thing I saw on the TV or what was I thinking about before I fell asleep, I wouldn't be able to answer.

Phone call from Kim woke me up. It was 5 pm and I don't know where my day went, probably battle between sleeping and just surviving. It was getting dark. Damn I hated this winter weather and early dark outside.
"Girl, you still alive?" I texted her this morning and told her I'm practically dying since that was how I felt.
"Barely." I laughed a little, as much as my throat let me.

When I hung up I saw that there is no response from Romeo and I was scared. I don't know why but I was. Is he mad? How can he be mad that I'm sick? What if something happened to him? My mind went to that situation with Marco and I didn't feel comfortable. Should I double text him? Fuck, I don't know and I couldn't think straight.

Third cup of tea and one pill more. I really tired my best to eat my french toast but it was hurting my throat like I'm eating glass.

I was sitting down on my couch, two blankets wrapped around my shoulders falling down to my ass. Tea in my hands warmed me a little and I was taking sip by sip. My hair was in messy, but really messy bun and my cheeks were flushy from all the sweating, taking my temperature down. But it seemed hopeless since I was still burning. In times like this I hated living alone, I can't take of myself because my body is literally falling apart and I'm always super sensitive.
My eyes started filling up with tears when the doorbell rang. I don't know who is it but I'm thankful, because crying when sick? Really Sofia?