"no scent. no bomb. and i got you both in trouble."

"okay, look." it was stiles that interrupted this time, coming to sit in the gap between the two girls. "barrow was there, all right? you knew it. you felt it. okay? and look, if you wanted to, we could go back to that school right now and search all night just to prove it." he offered a smile that matched his girlfriend's. "though, i think rory might be too tired to function by the end of it."

"mhmm. i'd need whatever juice scott has to wake up."

finally, lydia let out a small laugh, her lips curling upwards. their hearts fluttered at the thought of making someone else feel better, their patently roles having been fulfilled. it was stiles that stilled then, his eyes widening as he stared down at the green pen in his hands. "get up. rory, lydia, get up now. we're going to the school."

he all but jumped off the bed, quickly leaning down and scooping his arms underneath aurora's knees and waist, hoisting her up out of bed. she gasped out, accidentally dropping reggie on the floor and clasping onto his neck, watching lydia scramble to get up in time.

"stiles!"

"we don't have time for your little legs, rory!"

she huffed, letting him carry her down the stairs and slip a pair of ballerina pink crocs onto her feet.

they squeaked against the freshly cleaned school floors, the small girl walking alongside her lover. "just so you know," she whispered in the quiet of the night. "if we end up having to r-run away from a creature of the night soon, i'm not in sports mode. so if i die, i'm blaming you."

"you can't blame me if you're—"

"you best believe i will haunt you every day for the rest of your life, mister stilinksi."

"so, what are we looking for?" asked lydia as they turned into a classroom, the board stained with physics formulas and the desks littered with textbooks. it was dark, the only light coming from the lights outside of the school past the windows. the chemistry room led them to another room in the corner of the class, a chemical storage room that stiles managed to barge his way into. "that was supposed to be locked."

"yeah, i know." he shuffled, grip harsh against aurora's hand. "notice anything else?"

"it smells like chemicals?" the girl guessed, almost in a bored manner. and then she stopped, standing up straight in realisation as stiles began to shine a light on the bottles and flasks. "they wouldn't have been able to catch his scent."

"s-stiles?"

"yeah, angel?" he replied out of instinct, missing the fearful tone in his sweet girl's voice.

"'m stood in something sticky." and when he shined the light down onto the floor, she almost gagged her heart out. a small pool of blood sat underneath her crocs, littered with various little staples. they stopped, eyes widening once more. aurora stepped backwards, leaving a footprint against the floor. "balls!"

"it's okay, pretty girl." he mumbled quickly, grabbing ahold of some paper towels and allowing the girl to lift her foot towards where he crouched on the floor, wiping off the red substance. "we'll get you new ones."

"'s okay," she spoke quietly, one small hand leaning against his shoulder blade.

"he was here." stiles whispered, "performing a very minor surgery on himself. you were right."

"then why don't i feel good about this?"

"probably because he was here to kill somebody."

"but who?"

"that's what we gotta figure out." stiles shoved his phone away into his pocket, finally standing up from the blood stained floor. he moved aurora across it with a hand on the small of her back, leading her out of the chemical cupboard. "we should spread out, start looking for... anything." they waltzed back into the classroom, going separate ways to check behind desks and under paperwork. aurora found herself shuffling through the papers on their teacher's desk, eyebrows furrowing at the sight of red pen.

"how did greenburg get an a?" she spoke out in question, holding the paper between her fingertips. the redhead and the raven haired boy looked up at the blonde girl, their eyes drawn to her for a moment, and then to the blackboard behind her.

"what are those?"

she followed their eye line, chocolate pools falling upon a set of numbers.

"atomic numbers." lydia answered.

"is it a formula?"

"not really. 19's potassium. 53's iodine. 88's radium. the first two make potassium iodide..." the redhead leant down, picking up a piece of chalk and writing against the numbers. K.

"potassium is k?" aurora and stiles asked at the same time, their brows pinched together.

"from kalium, the scientific neo-latin name."

"psh. knew that."

the next letter was an I. "what's radium?" and then, finally, lydia's manicured hand pressed once more against the chalkboard, Ra.

KIRA.

GOY2
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: KIRA