Chapter 18

Lux woke up in a cell, wrists chained to the wall. The cell was not what he had expected, its walls were larger and clay but lights still dim like any other cell in the galaxy. As Lux's eyes adjusted to the surroundings seeing a body laying on the floor chained next to him.

"Lux don't say anything." An's voice whispered next to him. He didn't move. Lights shot on, they were brighter, more florescent.

"It's fine to talk now." An sat up and looked at him with a dirtied face.

"Where are we?" His eyes still hung over slightly.

"Underground hostage chambers." Her voice sounded tired.

"I hope Ahsoka is with Keith and they're looking for both of us by now." Her hands grasped his as worry came over him.

"No." his voice was a whisper.

"What?" She sounded scared.

"Did they get him?" An sat upon her knees hands now grasping her dusty blue dress. Before Lux could give her an answer the lock on the door twisted and it opened revealing the sandy walls on the outside past a man holding a body wrapped in brown. He walked in and placed the limp body down chaining its wrists together like his and An's were. Before he left out the door he stopped and turned Looking at An.

"Leha runan panqi ma su, numa." A female spoke.

"Sahak Chir, numa." An's tongue was sharp as she watched the women leave.

"You called her my name didn't you?" An returned her gaze from the closed door back to Lux's face.

"I thought she was you, she looks and sounds exactly like you." His argument was clear and An knew that.

"She's my twin sister, Rylan. She stood with this group while I ran away as soon as I had gotten the chance." A stirring came from the other side of the room.

"Lux, is that you?" Ahsoka's weak voice startled him and left him breathless and filled with relief.