Chapter 15

"Keith!" Ahsoka yelled from inside the speeder as they neared his figure standing in an open street, the hot suns setting. Ahsoka jumped from the moving vehicle and landed with a role and ran to Keith.

"I can still feel her near, master, they haven't got far with her." He said quietly bowing as his master neared in a run.

"I knew it was a bad idea letting them alone without weapons." Lux said as the speeder came to a halt an he hopped out followed by Kenobi.

"It wasn't their fault, Lux, this was unexpected of course." Obi Wan's whisper echoed off the wall.

"Do you have your saber, Keith?" Ahsoka asked.

"Tucked away, yes." He answered holding up his cloak revealing a leather strap and holster across his torso.

"We'll split up. Master, you and Lux will start to the East and My padawan and I will start in the west." Ahsoka said as she stood next to Keith.

"Master?" He had asked through the confusion.

"Yes, Master Obi Wan Kenobi of the previous Jedi Counsel." He bowed as a gun shot sounded close by and they dove separate ways, hiding behind mud buildings hopefully out of sight.

"Ahsoka?" Keith whispered as they finally came out as night fell.

"Yes?" She answered back as they jumped to the flat surface.

"Back on the ship, before you left?" He cautiously asked as they raced over buildings searching for the strongest feeling on An.

"What about it padawan?" She asked him.

"Exactly what about it?" The question made her stop and he did as well, both catching their breaths.

"Do you go against your oath to the Jedi Order to not form attachments." She said hypocritically stern.

"There is no Jedi order any longer." His voice was strong and not in a whisper.

"Attachments form jealousy and that goes down the road to the dark side just as my old master had now he is Darth Vader." His breath stopped and looked at her.

"But you're mind is in the right place and so is your heart, make sure you keep it that way and do not let your mind be clouded by the dark side then you can never return to the light." Her tone was soft and quiet.

"I understand, Master, but what about my apprenticeship to you?" He asked.

"I can no longer train you if you go against the code, it's not my mandate." Ahsoka's response was bittersweet.

"Ahsoka..." He stepped forward, "I knew that you left the order, and technically did I but whatever you can teach me I owe my life to you saving me."

"Keith, I..." Ahsoka barely got to finish before she doubled over in pain unable to stand. She crawled over to the side and let her rations fall out of her stomach and onto the sandy pathway. Pulling back she still laid clinging onto the roof.

"Ahsoka?" Keith leaned down and grasped her weak shoulders pulling her onto his lap, checking for fevers.

"Keith, get Lux." She whispered weakly.

"What about An, we can't just wait to save her." His voice shook and cheeks paled and reddened.

"Lux will stay with me till morning, somewhere, and you will go with Kenobi." He nodded and she watched as it darkened around her suddenly seeing Lux's face and feeling his arms lift her up not remembering the time between. They slid down and watched Kenobi and Keith bolted off into the distance. Lux knocked on the door of the house they were previously on. The door opened and a man stood tiredly looking at Lux with Ahsoka in his arms.

"Please sir, my wife is sick and we need a place to stay for the night, can you help us?" Ahsoka blacked out not getting a clear look of the man before seeping into sleep.