Chapter 17

"Before we leave I'll ask a few questions." The man said as he slammed him into the chair, forcing him to sit down. Lux's wrists were tied up harshly.

"Only if you'll answer one of mine." His voice was sharp put weak at the same time. The man nodded.

"First thing is first, my name really is Renn I didn't lie to you about that." A dim light hung over head and lux looked at him confusingly.

"I work for Jabba, a bounty hunter if you'd say," He continued examining his blaster pistol, "Now, what's your real name kid?"

"I told you, my name is Naz Jard." Lux lied.

"Hmm," Renn seemed to be thinking, "Where are you from?"

"I don't know my exact roots since I was poor but I grew up and worked as a spice farmer on Felucia until recently when the family farm was taken control by the Empire." Lux's planned lie was a good cover up. They both stared at each other until one looked away, which was Renn.

"Now, where's my wife?" Lux asked through gritted teeth and piercing blue eyes that seemed to cut through the man's shield easily. The man laughed and threw his head back.

"Oh give it up, you two aren't married." Lux fumed.

"We are married as well as the two suns!"  He said angrily, he stood up and pushed the table into Renn who had his blaster ready. The blaster fired unexpectedly into Lux's shoulder and he screamed in pain as the smell of burnt flesh burned his nostrils. He fell to the ground, breathing hard, attempting to not let his consciousness slip. The room fell silent only the squeaking of the head lamp as it swung made noise.

"You never answered my question, wheres my wife?" Lux gritted his teeth and laid still feeling a warm substance touch the side of his head.

"You'll see her soon." The man said walking past him to a man standing by the door that Lux had never noticed.

"Clean him up," Renn whispered to the man who nodded, "Then take him away." Lux didn't have the energy to resist the grip on his stronger arm as he pulled him up and threw him back into the chair. He turned to take some supplies and came back to the table and began to rip through Lux's clothes to find the wound. By this time Renn had left through the door and Lux's attention went to the man. His hands were gloved in black leather and across his face hung a black cloth that covered a sandy face.

"If the laser blast had been a little further left, you'd be dead right now." A familiar female voice hit Lux harder than the blaster did.

"An?" Lux whispered, voice filled filled with exhaustion. He took one more look at her hidden face before the world went black.