Chapter 3

"You saw your old master didn't you Master Tano?" Keith asked her as they sat in meditation.

"Yes." she said.

"A force connection between you two maybe." he was smart and maybe correct but she still thought her master to be dead.

"I saw what he had become, he wasn't my old master. The creature that he became destroyed my old master, which I had known so well once." She answered opening her eyes.

"And you became vulnerable to the dark side." He said then slowly opening the eyes and looking in hers.

"What do you mean?" she asked uneasily calm.

"This ship had an old message locked into it, you were sleeping while lux and I found it. The message was from an Obi Wan Kenobi and explained a jedi's turn to the dark side which is the thing you saw, they call him Darth Vader." All air escaped Asohka's lungs by the news Keith gave her. He reached into his pocket and took out a small holo card with the transmission copied onto it and gently placed it into her shaky hands.

"How did you find this, Keith?" she asked.

"I picked up the card in the market and easily copied the old transmission, although It seemed to have been the last message that this ship had received." he answered but hesitantly continued, "Who was the last owner of this ship?"

"I wouldn't know. Keith, do you recognize the man in the message?" she asked gently fiddling with the card.

"Of course, Master Obi Wan was a well known general during the clone wars, he trained the fearless Master Skywalker which went on to train but his padawan left the order almost a year before the clone wars ended." He recited his knowledge of the line of training. She held her breath as he said the last part, Ahsoka had not yet told him of it.

"Master Tano, there is a strong sense of distress in the force channeling from you." Keith's voice was low. She slowly inhaled as a sudden knock came from the other side of the door they stood quickly.

"Come in," she boldly said quickly turning back to her student, "We will discuss this later."

"as you say, master." Kieth said, bowing slightly as the door hissed open.

"Now go get some rest or help An in the pit." she said as he nodded and left as Lux walked in and the dor hissed closed. she held her finger up to her lips and waited till Keith's presence was far enough to not hear them. when they released their breaths, Ahsoka slid down the wall onto the floor.

"Did you miss this?" his voice was deep as he lowered himself to her level, he took a bag from his jacket and handed it to her. Ahsoka took it gently reaching in and taking out the dull blue holocron which glowed to life in her hands.

"do the others know we have this?" she whispered and Lux shook his head.

"When are you going to tell them?" he looked into he eyes, at that moment he was much older and much more experienced than the twenty five year old he was. But her eyes had seen more at twenty four than anyone would see in a life time.

"Knowing that the emperor is searching for me, it would put them in danger knowing had happened then." she said standing up and placing the bag with the holocron into a secret compartment within the grey wall.

"But there's something else they need to know." her voice trailed through the room as a blue light lit up the room opening the imperial holonews reports.

"I know, Ahsoka, but keeping us a secret is safer when only we know." he said walking up beside Ahsoka who was now standing in front of the lighted wall reading the imperial power surge racing through the galaxy.

"I agree, but we're going to have to tell them we're married soon, it's not an option." her words were soft.

"Why do you say that?" he turned to face her and she turned to face him with a smile.

"Lux, i'm pregnant." she whispered. a smile etched onto his face as he pulled her into his arms.

"This is the biggest moment of our lives." he mused.

"And the happiest." she added as her eyes began to cloud with tears of joy, and his seemed to do the same.