023

"My, my... Am I in luck today..." Shigaraki's smirk widens as he watches Mari hiding the little girl that Overhaul was keeping from behind.

"A hero in the making, huh? But... what's going to happen after you save her? She is somewhat a lost cause, you know..." he continues.

Mari sensed someone was with them, it was somewhere around them and it made her feel giddy, or rather, drunk. She pushed Eri behind her more and puts up a shield to protect her.

"Oh, very heroic indeed. Placing her safety before yours, this is why I despise you, heroes..." Shigaraki said through clenched teeth.

"Don't worry, Eri chan. I'll protect you..." Mari whispers to her, though she didn't hear Eri's replies, she knew that the child nodded her head.

Mari slowly but steadily stood her ground, her right hand was on the wall to steady herself more, or else this person's quirk will make her topple down.

"I'll let you handle her, Setsuno, get Eri for me..." Chisaki orders and before Mari could use her quirk, a strong dizzy spell was placed on her again.

"No, wait..." Mari mumbles but she saw Shigaraki standing in front of her.

"Hm, what a nice quirk. Better than that time that a certain idiot overdosed you with chloroform. you can go back to your master, I'll enjoy this meeting a lot..." Shigaraki stated and whatever that had Mari in the state of drunkness had disappeared.

Finally, the drunk state was gone, Mari could see clearly how close Shigaraki was to her. Close enough to strangle her with his hand, an arm's length away from her. With her staring at him cautiously, Shigaraki's smirk grew wider.

"Aren't we all nervous?" he chuckles and watches Mari stand her ground.

"I didn't know that you were here making a pact with the Shie Hassaikai's leader. I thought you were the lone wolf of the villain world?" she questions.

"Ha, ha... this is where you are wrong, my dear. He just got one of my chess pieces destroyed. Do you think I would want to join a venture with this maniac? Though we shared one thing in common..." he pauses before continuing, "we hate heroes like you...".

"I'm not even a hero yet... just a student from U.A..." she replies.

"Tsk! And a sneaky one to be honest. I wouldn't believe you even if you're a vigilante..."

"Did Stain leave you a bitter taste in your mouth since before?" Mari strikes a nerve in him.

Shigaraki glares at her, noticing that she had the same grin that she had inherited from her father.

"You have one sharp tongue, this I can give you a compliment or two for it..." he halted then he looks at her clearly.

"Why you!" Shigaraki tries to grab a hold of her after noticing her trying to contact the rest of the team.

She quickly flew past him, giving him no chance to use his quirk on her. Next, she flies around the corner where she saw Overhaul disappear with Eri and his subordinates. But when she had managed to turn around that other corner, she was met with a dead end.

"I have no time for this!" she thought to herself and used her quirk on the wall, blasting it open, and without any patience to wait for the debris to clear, she sped through it.

While she was flying through the hallway, her sights were met with Overhaul, who was surprised to see her coming at them at high speed. He quickly orders one of his minions to merge the walls together and completely seal them up. However, they didn't expect to merge one of the walls that were connected to Fat Gum and Kirishima's room.