018

"Hey, isn't that the student that was kidnapped?"

"Wasn't that student that made All Might retire from being the symbol of peace?"

"He does have that villain look to him, no wonder they wanted him..."

"I can understand why they would want to kidnap the daughter, but that boy isn't related to any of them..."

"Ah, the symbol of peace is out... Who will be the next?"

Rumors were spreading here and there in the school, all were pointing fingers at Bakugou for being the one that made All Might retire as the number one - and he wasn't happy about it.

Just like what Mari had thought. It was eating him from the insides too.

She tries to go up to him and talk, but he somehow manages to slip away, avoiding her in every possible way he could think of. Leaving her to feel sorry for him.

"Don't have to pity me..." he whispers, hoping that no one could hear it.

But he had forgotten someone in the class could hear it, Jirou. She relays the message to Mari and the entire class.

"We already have one of us depressed, now another one?" Mineta shrugs and Hagakure whacked the back of his head.

"Let me try talking to him..." Midoriya offers, but Mari shook her head in disagreement.

"It was my fault as well, I got myself caught..." she said but the class differs.

"You got caught because you thought that you could save the two of them, even though you managed to save one..." Shoji said and continues, "I'm your witness and you can't change that...".

Mari sighs and watched Midoriya leaving them to go talk to Bakugou, she felt an uneasiness in her heart when she saw Midoriya's figure out of the door.

"If I was just a normal person..." she whispers and Uraraka poked the side of her head.

"Stop it... if you were a normal person, we wouldn't have met. And besides, you're cooler this way..." she smiles at her.

"Yeah, we wouldn't have met! We wouldn't have been classmates! Wouldn't be friends!" Ashido added and the class nodded their heads.

"I guess so..." she smiles back at them.

"Oh, Mari. My mother wanted to see you this weekend..." Shoto said and showed her the message that his mother had sent to him via phone.

"Oi, oi! Shoto is making his first move!!!" Kaminari jumped and Kirishima follows suit.

"Going behind our backs, huh, Shoto?"

"I have no idea what you two mean. My mother just wanted to see her because of the picture that I had sent to her..."

__________

It was evening. Mari had sensed two students leaving the dorm quietly, and she knows who these two are. She slowly opens the door to her room and floated down to the common room, before following the two to, "Ground Beta?", she whispers as she heard a loud explosion coming from the area.

She uses her quirk to get her over to the area fast, there she saw Midoriya and Bakugou going head to head with each other. She could hear Bakugou asking him if he could be a hero, and why was he the one that had ended All Might.

She gasped at his thoughts about what had happened during the kidnapping, each detail about being useless as he watched her in that glass prison, being drugged and laughed at. He wanted to help her, but the shackles were too strong for him to break out. Then he jumps to  All Might, who had been keeping this a secret, he couldn't tell anyone, even if he tried to not think about it.