Angst ;; Finally He Can Breathe.

TW: suicide

  Pouring rain, the loud rain hitting the cement of the roof top. The clouds are screaming at him, begging him to change his mind, raining down as if it's able to hold him back from this poor decision he was about to commit to. The boy stares up at the weeping sky, smiling as if he was assuring them it was alright. That it was okay.

  Oh but nothing was okay. Nothing could ever be okay.

  But maybe.. just maybe, after today, the sun would shine brightly again, and he could smile without the feeling of dread growing in the back of his mind. 

  He took slow paced steps towards the edge of the roof, standing tall as he gazed down at the ground several feet down. 

  'Is this high enough?' He thought.

  His thoughts then wandered into his memories. Memories filled with despair and emptiness. Hours sitting alone in a dimly lit room, forced to work for hours. Perfecting everything. Being perfect. All for the validation he craved so much from those who pretended to hold him close. 

  Tears rolled down his cheeks, mixing with the hard downpour. His breaths grew ragged, he felt as if he was suffocating. When will the pain end? 

  He took a step onto the concrete in front of him with his left foot, then his right, then his left, and then, his right had nothing left to step on. Breathing in deeply, he threw his body over the edge. The boy smiled, exhaling.

  Finally, Xingqiu can breathe.