Alternate Ending | Jealousy

hi i have come to shatter your heart but also not really cause i'm horrible at writing angst :)

"Tsk." Chongyun sighed, agitated by how close Xiangling seemed to be with Xingqiu. Don't take it the wrong way, he loved hanging out with Xiangling, but she was getting clingy with his Xing and he did not like that at all. 

Chongyun, Xingqiu and Xiangling had gone to hang out at the Windblume festival, traveller had been constantly speaking to them about it. Of course, Chongyun saw this as an opportunity to spend more time with his dear Xingqiu, Xiangling too of course. It took him a long time to accept it, but he had developed feelings for the other, but kept quiet in fear of ruining their friendship. He thought it'd all go just how he planned it, but now he sat alone on a bench as Xingqiu and Xiangling went to get mushroom skewers. They seemed happy, happy without him in the picture. He sighed deeply, taking out a popsicle to eat, chomping down on it feeling horrible and alone. How foolish of him to think that he'd even be included at all.

Xingqiu and Xiangling had always been close, they'd known eachother literally all of their lives, while Chongyun had only known them for a few years. He often felt that he was bothering the two of them, they clearly were just fine with without him.

"I should go." Chongyun whispered under his breath, before getting up and walking away. They're having fun, I'd hate to ruin it. He chuckled, desperately trying to hold back the tears that threatened to pour down his face.

Xingqiu and Xiangling returned to the bench, giggling about who knows what. They stood by the bench, continuing to chat before stopping and realizing Chongyun hadn't been there. "Ah, where'd Chongyun go?" Xingqiu asked, confused. "Hm, who knows. Oh also remember that one time–" Xiangling trailed off, dragging Xingqiu back into the conversation leaving Chongyun forgotten.

Chongyun looked back, tears sliding down his pale cheeks, "ah, I knew it, they're completely fine without me."