2

"Christmas is a piece of one's home that one carries in one's heart."
-Freya Stark

—————

Honestly this story was written mostly between 2 and 4 am.

—————

Seungmin kicked his first Christmas ball of the year as he ran into the school in the morning.

He hated the first of November.

The snow had wet his hair and thin hoodie and his books seemed to be a bit damaged, luckily he hadn't brought any of the library ones or he would have been in big trouble.

He hated snow.

The boy waved at his friend who stood at the entrance with a smile and his hair perfectly parted as if there had been no wind or snow or anything at all outside. The world just stopped for him.

He heated the winter.

"You're late."

"No shit sherlock.", the two started walking.

"And the tree did you no wrong no need to kick it."

"Well it was green and annoying and on my way.", his breathing was fast as he closed the locker messily. "Let's go."

He hated school.

"The teacher was having coffee by the bar, chill, take a deep bre- Seungmin, hey!"

The blonde had to run to catch his friend and only stopped when they were inside the classroom. Seungmin marched to his usual place next to the wall on the third row and Felix sighed, sitting right next to him and watching as he struggled against his bag.

"What got you so grumpy in the morning?"

He hated mornings.

"It's the worst time of the year, give me a break.

Felix smiled in comprehension, patting Seungmin's shoulder and opening his bag for him, realizing the boy was shaking a bit. None of them said anything about it as Seungmin took his things out, the third of their friend group appearing next, chubby cheeks half hidden under a scarf and arms crossed and shivering. There was a bit of snow on top of his head that he shook away after some girl warned him in the begining of the room.

"Hey, morning guys."

"Morning freezing squirrel. How are you in this fine morning?"

"Very well, my friend, what are you- Seungmin please stop writing, it reminds me I'm in school and have to do that too."

Said boy sighed, letting a small smile tug his lips.

"Sorry, I'm just stressed."

"We know, don't worry, we got your back, if any tree comes and tries to attack you I'll hit it."

"I'll cover the mean elfs that come to steal you at night, want me to sleep with you? Hugging you so you don't need to be afraid?"

"Aish, don't say that too loud or people will think you mean it and tell the church.", Felix chuckled, slapping the back of an embarrassed Jisung.

"It was a joke, you guys know that."

"We do but the rest of the town might not and we don't want people thinking things, do we?"

Seungmin gulped and nodded along with Jisung, not daring to look up as his eyes burnt a bit.

"Anyway, do you guys already know who you will invite to the prom?"

"We have more than a month, lay off my back.", Jisung rolled his eyes, turning to the front as the teacher walked it.

"You disgust me.", Seungmin shivered at the voice, his eyes closing a bit. Even if he knew that was not directed to him, Hyunjin's voice, the perfect boy, the school's crush saying that two rows behind him made him feel disgusting.

He was, after all.

"Class, today, we are taking a bit of time to remind the Christmas traditions so we can be all at the same page when organizing the events the school takes care of, alright?"

He hated her smile.

He hated the happiness in those kids.

"To start the class, ahi can tell me..."

He sighed and let his head fall to the notebook, not caring about the noise or anything else.

He hated it. So much.

Seungmin hated Christmas.

—————

And that's the tea