1

"Christmas is the day that holds all time together."
-Alexander Smith

—————

Welcome dear matryoshkas
Have fun :)

—————-

Hyunjin sighed heavily as he left his home, waving at the gardener with a smile freezing on his face. His breath turned into abstract shapes in the air as soon as he opened his mouth and his bottom lip shook slightly. He wore three jackets over his white hoodie, matching the snow that covered the small town from top to bottom and jeans blue like the sky that remained clear even with the troubled night they went against.

The boy smiled at the people around the street. The streets were always full after the 1st of November started, which was exactly that day.

Some towns have the town's week, other's have traditions that involve the circus, new year or Chinese New Year, Valentine's Day, while that town, their little piece of land in the world, had heavy and big traditions for Christmas.

Since he was a kid he had remembered his dad rehearsing his speeches for the church group on Monday, changing them to be bigger and brighter by the time October came, letting everyone know the best time of the year was close.

He had to dodge, like old times, below his neighbors lights and trees, even other decorations in their gardens, the lights already on despite it being 8 am, probably for a test, and the whole street he lived in seemed to have came to life.

His was always the first street to get Christmas decorations, then it was the town hall next street and the school downtown, the rest was made at it's own time, never too rushed but in less than a week the small town was covered in Christmas decorations and lights. People did their own thing as well, not deeming the street lights and trees enough, they overdid themselves every year over and over again with reindeers and Santa Claus on their garden or windows, the richest part of town, specially, which was where Hyunjin lived.

He walked to his bestfriend's house greeting all the people that went past him. Everyone knew Hyunjin.

Firstly, he was the number one topic around girls his age, his long, blonde hair and his almond eyes catching hearts everywhere. He was the basketball captain. The only team in the whole town, and since there was only one team and one school, the people from there were quite enthusiastic in supporting them whenever there were games against other towns or cities. Lastly, he was the son of the chief of the church group, who gave the sermons after church every single Monday, and to which people heard more than anyone else, maybe even God.

His father was always side by side with the priest, or the town hall members, or other important people that kept appearing only to see him, sometimes. He was the one who fixed everything around town. He was the one who fixed canalizations, bad trees, old furniture, sexual desires and other things that needed to be fixed and suppressed like Hyunjin's need to eat a cake in the morning.

A true saint, people believed. Someone sent by god himself to earth to use his right with words to get some sense into their children's head.

Hyunjin remembered that one kid who did a tattoo once outside town, his dad talked to him for an hour and he left crying, he never saw him again. Dad had said he felt so embarrassed of marking the body God gave him he had ran away from town.

5 year old Hyunjin had bought it, now he knew that was far from the truth. Young Garret had simply gotten into university and ran away from that lovely prision they called home.