6)The dark side

ZURIEL'S POV

I kept resting for a whole day, oh god... I have a lot of works to do but I'm stuck in this hospital.
I called George to bring my files and my laptop so that I can work. I was reading a newspaper, my mind was distracted by this guy. His shiny eyes and sweet smile were not leaving my mind.
I snapped out of my hallucinations when George called me.

"Oh yes, place it on the table"

"Sure Ma'am anything else you want..?"

"Get me a beef pizza from Domino's with an alcoholic beer."

"Yes Ma'am, they will be here in 10 minutes." He left.

I called Clara to discuss the case, she told me to meet her before her flight, tomorrow she is leaving Seattle by 2 pm probably I would her around 9 in the morning after the discussion, I started working on my laptop, George got me what I ordered.

"Why are you drinking beer at this condition" A male voice spoke, I turned around to see him only. I was delighted to see him again but I have to control my emotions. I frowned at him with a serious face.

"Who are you to order what I should drink?"

"Jacob Stephen, I didn't order you as a doctor, it's my duty to care for my patients," He said proudly while removing his white coat, I signed at his victory and I continued what I was doing.

"You are working even when you are injured?" He asked, I thought he is a flirty type of guy but I was wrong, he is now different from the morning.

"Who said I'm injured?" I asked casually.

"Didn't you make a scene as if you are passed out?" He frowned which made me shocked.

"How..do..-"

"Do you think I didn't notice that?" He smiled while taking a seat in front of me.

"Uh...I.." I was so embarrassed

"Zuriel...I'm a doctor, I know what type of injury will lead to the unconscious stage." He claimed. Should I apologize? This is the worst situation.

"By the way you are a good actor." I'm so done with him, I gave him a blank look.

"Don't be embarrassed it's just me, chill honey." What the heck? What does he mean by 'just me'
This guy is getting on my nerves!

"Won't you get scolded if you're not wearing your white coat?" I asked to change the topic.

"Nope, my duty is over after
9 o'clock."

"Oh.. then you should go home, why are you here?" I asked while picking a slice of pizza.

"For you.." he said which made my heart flatter, I signed and was about to take my beer bottle but he held my hand, that's when I felt butterflies in my belly. I gulped before speaking.

"What??" I know this was rude.

"Not today.." he took the beer away from my grip. I stared at him blankly.

"Eat, I will take you somewhere."

"Where?"

"Firstly complete your pizza"

"Don't you feel stuffy in here?"

"I do.."

"Okay, shall we go for a walk, only if you agree..."
"Why should I...?"

"Maybe you will be relaxed, don't worry I'm not a bad guy."
He smiled assuring me that he is trustworthy, even if he tries anything stupid I know how to protect myself.