Chapter 29 - Calling a Friend

I am so sorry for this chapter-
I'm making plot as I'm writing and it's lowkey getting confusing-
And then trying to rush to get to certain parts of the book- lol I'm really sorry-
___

Ink's POV

I paced back and forth in the living room of my home.
What was I going to do with that piece of information?
I can't just walk up to them and say, "Hey! Fresh might've almost killed Error. Someone was involved but he won't tell me who!"

I braced on the back of the couch while crossing my arms in front of me.

Trusting Dream seems reasonable- I mean, I've done tons of shit and he hasn't said a word to anyone.

I pulled out my phone and called Dream.
Eventually, he picked up, "Hello?"

"Hey, Dream. Are you busy right now?" I asked as I clutched the phone in my hand.

"Nope. Is something wrong?"

"No- well, yes, but no. It's kind of important."

I could hear him mumble, "Oh dear.." and from his side of the call.

I couldn't help but snort at his response to important information.

"I was hoping if you could come over so I could tell you in person."

"Yeah, I can come over. I'll be there soon."

Suddenly, someone from his side loudly moaned.
"Shut up, Night!"

I blinked. "Are you two-"

"NO! Stars no!" Dream quickly exclaimed, cutting off my question.

"No, I just thoug-"

"Let's not..we won't talk about that, alright? He's just being an idiot as aLWAYS," He yelled more specifically, aiming to Nightmare, "we were making plans."

"So, you are busy?" I paced around some more, being unable to stay still.

"No, I would like to leave. You don't understand how desperate I am to leave this room right now."

"I'm great compan-" Nightmare said in the background.

"Shush."
Dream then hung up. I assumed he was coming now.

I heard a sigh from behind and snapped around to see Dream standing somewhat behind me.

"You wanted to talk?"

"Uh..yeah, we gotta talk."

Dream rubbed his eye socket area and continued to look at me, "Alright, what do you want to talk about?"

"Okay, so..you know, Error, right?"

"You're asking if I know Error?" Dream asked, looking up at me confused.

"No, I mean, the condition he's in right now. You know, hospitalized."

"Yeah. What happened? Is he getting better?"

I sighed, "I haven't been able to check up on him as much as I wanted to lately- but that's beside the point."

"So what is the point?"

I stood there, staring back at him, trying to explain what had happened.
"Well, recently, I had a conversation with Fresh.."

"Uh-huh..?" He nodded while leaning onto the couch with his arm.

"He- oh geez," I scratched the back of my head, "from that conversation, he kind of told me something."

Dream seemed to pick up my odd behavior.
"What did he tell you?"

I clapped my hands together, "That's where it gets interesting!"
I started doing unnecessary hand movements, trying to come up with the words to explain to Dream what the conversation with Fresh was about.

"Alright, stop." He sighed and put his hands on my shoulders.
"What are trying to say."

"Okay, so-"

"No, just tell me. Don't make it a long story, just tell me the important part that made you want to speak to me."

"Well, he kinda told me he was a part of the whole Error incident. There's another person involved, but he won't tell me." I said with a smile and stared at Dream.

Dream looked down at me and blinked.
I opened my mouth to say something but quickly shut it.

Long story short, I told Dream. 

"Does this mean we tell the others?" Dream said after processing what I had told him.

"Well..I don't know."

Dream looked at me, confused about his behavior. "Are you defending him?"

"What? No..! Kind of, but not in a bad way! He didn't want to do it!" I quickly tried to explain, doing a lot of unnecessary hand movements.

"I know, but think about it-"

"I did!" I interrupted him.

"Ink..."

"Dream.. I know, it sounds bad, but we know him. We all know he wouldn't do this."

"And how do you know he didn't want to do it?"  Dream looked down at me.

My shoulders dropped.
I started thinking about it.

I could've lost Error.

"Understand now?" Dream asked.

"But Dream-"

"I'm sorry, Ink. I don't think I'm going to believe the excuse of  'He didn't want to do it'.."

"Ask him yourself!"

"I will."

I felt confident. Fresh would never do something like this.

Dream said his farewells and told me not to think about it.
I stood in the living room, staring at the spot Dream had been standing.

'Was telling him a good idea?'