Chapter 28 - Sinful Confession (2/2)

Ink's POV

I walked down the path to Fresh's house.
It took hours to find it, but after messing around a bit, I finally did.

While pulling my phone out, I slid my finger across the screen to open the lock screen. I texted Geno about my arrival at his younger brother's house. He responded almost immediately, letting me know he was aware.

I slid my phone into my back pocket and knocked on his door.
I was supposed to be breaking in...

I shrugged it off and backed up from the door, looking around.
This time, I knocked harder. I trailed the lining of the grass. It swayed in the direction of the wind.

I looked up at the door again, but this time ringing the doorbell.

When I say "ringing the doorbell", I don't mean one press and that's it.
I mean I spammed the shit out of that doorbell; you could hear it from inside.

I stared at the door.

...
I'm breaking in.
I teleported in- although I should've done that earlier and looked around.
After not seeing him anywhere around the area I was standing in, I walked to what I assumed to be his room.
I knocked and turned to knob- or I would've if it wasn't locked.
I couldn't teleport in, so now I'm making the door open.

(Based on the last item I used) I pulled out a coin from my pocket and pushed the side into the keyhole, turning it in the opposing direction of locking it.
Thankfully, this type of keyhole opens with coins. Lucky me.

"I opening the door!" I yelled, being very enthusiastic about it.

As I swung the door open, I could see a hunched-over figure sitting at the edge of a bed, holding something in its hand.

"Radical broski?" I asked, hoping to get some sort of response.

I could hear a sigh from the figure, it being Fresh.

"Sup." He grumbled.
He sounded upset.. maybe tired? Frustrated. I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Hey, you okay, Fresh?" I asked slowly walking into the room.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He slid on the object he was holding- his glasses, back on. "Did you need something?"

I shook my head.
His energy was off.
Way off.

I walked towards him and took a seat next to Fresh, almost falling backward onto the bed.

"Whoops." I pushed myself up to get comfortable.
"Sooooo~" I sang in a playful tone.

"So..? Why are you here?"

I sighed. "And I thought my company would be enjoyed."

Fresh quickly understood what he had said and how it could've been taken the wrong way.

"No, no. That's not what I meant. I enjoy the company. You did just..barge open my door."

I leaned forward to see the door wide open. "I did do that, didn't I?"

"Must've been a ghost."

"Must've."

We sat there in silence.
It was uncomfortable, to say the least. Usually Fresh is a loud skeleton.

I decided to bring it up.

"Hey. Are you sure you're okay? You seem less rad."

"Yep. Cool."

I eyed him as he continued to stare at the floor.

"You know, you could talk about it. I'm not here to judge."