Chapter Twenty: Someone from the Past

Start from the beginning

"That's my shirt." He said and my eyes widened.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry."-

"It looks good on you." He said smiling at me.

"Thank you." I said before we walked out of the house.
We hopped into the car and Alister was in the backseat waiting.
We arrived at the supermarket and once again the cart was so full.

"I want cheerios!" Alister said running to the cheerios isle.

"This boy!" Atticus shouted and I laughed.

"I got him, don't worry." I said leaving Atticus and going for Alister.

"Alister you need to stop running off like that." I told him and I watched as he stood and watched the cheerios, it was too high.

"I can't reach it! Please help me." He said and smiled. I stretched but I too couldn't reach it. I finally got to knock it to make it fall.

"You guys could have just called the worker." I heard a girl say, I turn to see a girl with straight hair and freckles walking towards me. She was extremely pretty.

"My husband teases me about being short all the time." She said and I laughed with her, she was so nice.

"Being short is still amazing!" I said and she agreed.

"But that's an amazing choice, I always say healthy people always choose healthy things,you know?" She said smiling. "I hope you're not toxic and pretending to be healthy."

"I'm very healthy." I told her smiling.

"Yes, yes!"

"That reminds me of a saying I heard somewhere. The only way to win with a toxic person is to not play." I said trying to remember the other part of the saying.

"I'll be back, I have this call to make." She said disappearing in the next isle and I was still trying to remember the other part of the saying, you're so forgetful!
Oh wait!

"Leave their playground!" I said out loud to no one in particular.

"Oh but the games were so enticing." My heart sunk to the bottom of my body, no. I was frozen in place, I felt like all the blood was drained from my body. I turned slowly to see if I was hearing things.

"You were an amazing opponent love." He said and tears welled up in my eyes.

"Alister-Alister come here." I said reaching out for him.

"Is this your son? He is so cute, hello." I don't know what was going on, my ears started ringing.

"You look good."

"You mean alive?" I said bravely.

"Hey kid get your dad." He told Alister and I held onto Alister, I was afraid of what would have happened if he left.

"Go on,Louisa's an old friend." He said sweetly, the smile was no longer a million dollar one, it was filled with disgust and envy, so much toxicity. Alister ran from me and I dreaded what was about to happen, I held onto the shelf as my head was spiraling but I didn't look away from him.

"Stay right where you are." I said through gritted teeth.

"Lou Lou, why the strange behavior?" He said calmly walking to me and I stepped back quickly, picking up a cereal box as if I could have done anything, he looked so dangerous. He tapped a scar across his left eye.

"You did this to me love."  He said sniffing. "Our love was like a drug but you didn't want to overdose." He said poetically. He was wearing a vest so I can see the wound made from the glass I plunged into his chest.