XXII

~Liyah's POV ~
2 days later....

"OMG AGHHHHH YOU MADE ITTTTT!" I screamed pulling Natasha into a big hug as she stepped into the house

"OH I MISSED YOU BABE!" She screamed back, hugging me.

"I missed you too. It's so good to have my best friend back." I smiled, letting go of her.

"Omg Daniel hiiiii! Good to see you as well!" I said surprised to see him as well as I give him a friendly hug.

(Daniel & Natasha)

"Nice to see you too. I brought some wine from my family's winery." He continued giving me the fancy bottle.

"Oh wow thank you." I responded, taking it.

"What's with all the screaming?" Trayvon asked appearing outta nowhere.

"Oh shitttt, guys meet Trayvon, my man. Tray, meet my best friend and her boyfriend." I explained introducing everyone.

"So you the guy that Liyah won't stop blabbing about huh? Nice to finally meet youuu." Natasha chuckled giving Trayvon a brief hug.

"Nice to meet you toooo." Trayvon smiled.

"And you the boujee motherfucka huh? I'm playing witchu. Nice to meet you." Trayvon chuckled, shaking hands with Daniel.

"Aight us girls will be in the kitchen. You boys get comfortable." I said grabbing, Natasha as I took her into the kitchen.

"You play chess?" Trayvon asked Daniel as they both get comfortable.

"I'm a professional." Daniel smirked.

"Yea we will see about that. My pops taught me all of his moves." Trayvon responded taking out the chess board.
________________________________

"And the queen has arrivedddddd!" Nora shrieks as she entered the chaotic kitchen where me and Natasha were preparing food.

"Omg my babeeeeee!" I shrieked pulling her into a hug.

"Omg is this Natasha? Gurl you is beautifulllll." Nora gasped pulling Natasha into a hug.

"Omg thank you. Your so pretty tooooo." Natasha replied with a smile.

"Me and Red stopped at the store to pick up a few things you asked." She said holding up the groceries.

"Ugh thank goddddd! You a life saver." I thanked her, unpacking the groceries.

The three of us continued cooking together, laughing and talking about life.
_______________________________

"ALRIGHT YALL FOOD IS READY!" Nora shouted over the loud music as we all gathered round the table. We all took our seats, Nora and Red on one side, Daniel and Natasha on the other and me and Tray beside each other.

We shared grace before digging in. We all had the most hilarious conversation about our childhoods. It felt good to be around all my friends. I felt like I was able to take my mind off all my problems.

Well that didn't last long.

The others were chilling in the living room while me and Tray finished the washing up.

Suddenly, my phone starts ringing out of nowhere.

"Pass me my phone would you?" I asked drying my hands with a kitchen towel.
He passes it to me before putting all the dry plates and cutlery away.

It was the hospital calling which was strange, as they never called. I immediately answered.

"Hello." I answered the phone hesitantly.

"Hi. Is this Ms Liyah Rochelle Williams?" The woman asked.

"Yes that's me. What's going on?" I asked confused.

"Ma'am you need to come to the hospital urgently. It's something regarding your grandmother." The woman explained making my heart sink.

I cut the phone as I stood in shock.

"Liyah? You good?" Tray asked looking at me concerned.

"We need to go to the hospital rn." I responded blankly.