XVIII

(Nora)

(Nora)

"Omg stoppp my stomach hurtss." I said as me and Nora continued to laugh.

We decided to eat at a diner instead since it was closer to where we both lived.

"Okay but how's life? Anyone special that I need to know about?" I asked intrigued.

"Well, there is this one person. But you already know him." She said hesitantly, sipping on her milkshake to avoid my reaction.

"I know him? Gurl if you don't tell me." I mugged her, waiting for her to reply.

It took her a few seconds before she finally spoke up.

"Umm his name is Ragz. But I heard ppl call him Red nowadays." She finally spoke.

I took a second to try and recall where the name was coming from.

"Wait? Are you talking about Trayvon's Cousin? His right hand man?" I asked finally remembering his name.

"Yea him." She responded making me gasp.

"Stop itttt! How long y'all been talking?" I said completely surprised.

"For a while nowww. And honestly, he's so much different then what I expected." She said.

"Hopefully in a good way?" I asked hoping it was.

"Yes ofc! He's so committed to this relationship and I really think we could really go somewhere with this. He's loyal and always makes time for me." She explained with a big smile on her face.

"Awhhhh. I'm so happy for you luv." I responded holding her hand.

"Okay but enough about my love life. I need an update on you and Trayvon." She smirked.

"Well let's just say we kind of...yk...did the dirty." I stuttered, clearing my throat.

"Bitch y'all had sex?" She said loudly.

"Can you shut up?" I whispered as people looked our way.

"Oh shit my bad. But did y'all actually do it? How was it? Is it big?" She began asking, completely interested.

"Girl. You already know his shit was big." I said giving her the look.

"Okay but how was it tho?" She chuckled.

"It was probably the best sex I've ever had. This nigga made me feel in ways that others couldn't." I spoke remembering that night.

"Do you love him?" She suddenly asked me, making my heart thump out of my chest.

I really thought about what Nora was asking me. I was just so confused, I didn't know how to respond.

"I don't know yk. Like yea there's a side of me that completely adores him. I feel whole when I'm with him. I don't see myself with anyone but him. We trust each other and always have each other's backs. But idk I feel like something is stopping me from completely committing to this. I'm just afraid of getting hurt." I explained.

Nora sat there in silence taking in everything I just said.

"Look I'm not gonna say too much, but I see you two. The way you look at each other. Every time I see you with him, there's this certain glow that just appears. He treats your grandma so well and has been your support for ages. I'm not necessarily saying that you two have to be together but you gotta think Liyah. You don't wanna walk away from something that could change your life forever." She advised me holding my hands.

I nodded in agreement. Nora is right. It wouldn't be right to just hide our feelings when there's clearly something there.

"Just talk to him." She concluded eating some fries.

We finished our food and made our way back home.