𝐈𝐈𝐈

9:30pm

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Natasha asks me, watching me as I finish packing.

My plane was at 11:30 so I needed to get to the airport on time.

"I don't really have a choice and plus I miss my home back there with Grandma. I was thinking of helping getting the city back in order. Do some volunteering and stuff like that." I say while folding some more clothes to go inside the luggage.

"I'm gonna miss you." She whined giving me a big hug.

"I'll miss you too love. I'll only be gone for a few weeks, just until Grandma gets better." I sighed.

"Soooo what are your plans for when I'm gone huh?" I smirk while closing my luggage.

"Uhhh not much really. Me and Daniel are gonna be spending a lot more time together in this apartment so yea that's it really." She smiled.

"You better tell me everything that goes on while your there, Atlanta has some fine ass men." She exaggerated.

"I will just like I promised. But for now I need to go change into something nicer, cause I'm going straight to Grandmas' once I land." I explained walking into my bathroom closing it behind me.

I showered earlier so I just had to change. I decided to go with something chill but a bit extra as well.

I did some light makeup before coming out of my bathroom

I made sure everything was at the door ready to go.

"So I guess this is it huh?" She says holding the door open for me.

"Like I said before, we will still talk every single day." I chuckled.

"Well just don't forget about me." She replied.

"I would never." I whispered giving her a big hug.

I took my bags and made my way out of the apartment.

I saw my cab waiting for me. He helped me load everything into the car as we both made our way to the airport.

I plugged in my headphones, listening to Jhené Aikò, staring out the window.

I had this rush of excitement come over me. I was happy to be going home for once.
________________________________
3:57pm

"Hey grandma, I just landed. I just can't see you out here." I explained looking around the busy airport.

There were taxis and cars waiting outside and loads of people. I forgot how black dominated this place was.

After a few seconds of looking around, I recognised my grandma's black Jaguar. She loved her car because my grandfather bought it for her before he died.

A beautiful black woman, came out of the car. I still couldn't believe she was my grandma. She looked so young and gorgeous for her age.

 She looked so young and gorgeous for her age

(My grandma)

"AWH MY BABYYYY!" Grandma screamed out of excitement, pulling me into a big hug.

"I missed you grandma." I replied squeezing her tight.

"I missed you too my love. The doctors said I'm doing well so I thought I should pick you up." She chuckled calmly.

"Awh thank you." I replied softly.

"Let's get these bags in the car, shall we? Jesus Liyah, did you really need all this stuff?" She said grabbing my heavy luggage.

"Hey! I came fully prepared." I shout back following her towards the car.

"Yea I can see that." She chuckled, putting everything inside the boot.

We both burst into laughter, getting into the car. Man I missed my grandma. She was the only person that made me truly happy.

We listened to some Christian music and made conversation the whole ride. My grandma was a devoted Christian, just like my entire family.

I used to love going to church with grandma when I was younger but then I moved to Bronx so I stopped going.

We made it into our neighbourhood and things looked the same. There were kids on bikes riding around the street, rap music blasting, thugs selling. I mean I wasn't surprised, it was the hood.

We pulled into the driveway of the small house. There was flowers everywhere, it was probably the prettiest house on this street.

"Ah it feels good to be home." I sighed stretching my legs as I look around the neighbourhood.

A bunch of little boys on bikes waved at my grandma.

"Hey boys! I hope yall are behaving." She said pointing at them.

"We are, Mrs Latoya!" They replied at the same time.

I smiled watching them ride their bikes.

As I'm taking out all of my things, a black Mercedes, pulled into the driveway opposite our house.

I couldn't see who was inside cause the car was tinted.

"Whose that?" I ask my grandma, as she looks over to the house opposite us.

"Oh that's Trayvon! He's been living opposite me for a few years now, shortly after you left. He's been helping a lot. Although he's the leader of that stupid gang." She explained shaking her head.

He came out the car. He was tall and dark skin with waves. He wore a white shirt and grey joggers. He was fine as hell.

I quickly turned around so that he couldn't see me but still felt his eyes roaming around my body

I cleared my throat before closing the car boot.
Grandma went to open the front door so I was left with all my bags.

"So how am I gonna do this?" I whispered to myself look at all the luggage.

"Lemme help you." A deep voice spoke from behind me.

I quickly turned around to see him again, but this time he was way closer.

"Uh it's okay I got it." I lied.

"You sure? You got a lot over there." He smiled, with his pearly white teeth.

I suddenly felt a swarm of butterflies in my stomach. Before I could say anything else, Grandma came out the house.

"Oh sorry baby I just went to put the food on the fire." She said coming out the house.

"Ohhh Trayvonnn. I see you've met my beautiful granddaughter." She says giving him a hug.

"Yes I have." He chuckled looking at me.

I quickly look away, unable to contain myself.

"Well let's get all this inside." She said taking some of my bags, leaving me with a few.

"I'm Trayvon." He said in his deep voice, sending shivers down my spine.

"I know who you are." I replied, looking him up and down before walking away.

Idk who tf he was but my grandma really liked this guy even though he's a gang member. I could tell by the way he spoke, his posture.

Idk he seemed so mysterious. Why haven't I ever heard about him before?