Chapter 77 - First Step

Start from the beginning

However, right now, I need a minibreak from emotional drama.

Shouta lets go of my hand, and I can feel his glare. He doesn't say anything, likely to avoid me starting shit when he is just waking up.

Before we continue, Hizashi interrupts us while sitting up, "Of course the two insomniacs are up already."

"Sir, I don't know what you expect from me."

"You know, considering you, I don't know. You cried yourself to sleep less than two hours ago, so I expected you to be out a little longer than usual."

"Your snoring woke me up." Absolute lie, but what am I supposed to blame it on?

Hizashi, who was trying to be quiet, breaks that habit, "Excuse me?!"

Behind me, Nemuri groans, "Zashi, shut the fuck up. Izu and I are trying to sleep."

I look at the dumbass, "Bitch, I'm awake."

She just groans louder, lazily reaching for me to try and drag me down, but I jump out of bed before she can do that, "Izu, come on! You can't tell me that you feel well rested from that!"

"But I do?"

"You cried for an hour!"

"Wait, did I?"

All three of them respond, "Yes."

"Oh. Oops." That explains my lackluster physical strength.

Nemuri gives up and hides under the blankets.

Shouta sits up, shoving his clingy boyfriend off, "Speaking of, you need breakfast. That takes a lot out of you."

"Are you offering to make me breakfast?" I ask since he is bringing that up.

"Do you really want me to make your breakfast?"

"...on second thought, no. You can stay out of the kitchen, please and thank you. I prefer food. Not ramen noodles or fruit pouches."

"Glad we have come to a mutual agreement."

"Alright then. Welp, I'm going to go convince one of my fellow flatmate teachers to feed me then." Shouta sighs, but he doesn't complain about my grand plan.

I go to my closet to grab my uniform when Hizashi speaks up behind me, "I can make breakfast if you want!"

"I will love you forever." Not that I don't anyway, but this is a guarantee way of entering my Grinch heart.

"Alright! Anything particular you want?"

"Whatever you want."

"Gotcha! It should be ready in ten minutes! Do you want me to bring it to you, or do you want to eat with everybody else?"

"I'll eat with everyone else. Traumatize them."

"You got it, favorite little listener!"

Out of the corner of my eye, Hizashi zooms out the door.

Shouta, annoyed, says, "Great, you made him hyper."

"I did not such thing," Since I have my uniform gathered, I face the two idiots on my bed, "Are you two leaving or should I just change elsewhere?"

Shouta looks at my outfit and then at me, "Change into something comfortable. You're not working today. You're sticking with me."

"I deny I am going to be relaxing, so why should I?"

"After we deal with everything, you will be."

"Why can't I change then?"

"Izuku," Shouta says sternly, frustration showing through for a moment before faltering to a calm tone again, "Please." That is an odd reaction. I file that for later.