15

Jungkook's jaw drops. "What do you mean he's half siren?"

"His mother was a siren. When he was born, she rejected him because he wasn't able to transform. That's where the scars on his eye came from."

"If he can't transform, then what can he do?"

"He can sense sirens and is completely immune to their mind games. That's why he's such a big threat to us right now."

Jungkook nods. "I'm guessing that's why he's after us too. He probably has some hard feelings towards sirens..."

"Oh, definitely. He really inherited the killer instinct too. Mix that with the trauma and you get a monster with no empathy."

"That's how he knew Jimin was a siren... It makes so much sense now. I just don't understand how Jimin didn't sense him."

"I guess he has enough human blood to throw off their senses."

Jungkook sits down and processes all of the information. "By the way, I don't think we've ever properly introduced ourselves to one another. I'm Jungkook." He holds his hand out but Rifler hesitates.

He grabs his hand and shakes it. "Namjoon."

"Well, Namjoon, I usually wouldn't accept help from someone, but I have a feeling we'll both need it."

"Good decision."

-

Jungkook walks out of the room and pulls Jimin off to the side. "Smoke Eyes is half siren."

Jimin's jaw drops. "That's why the features looked so familiar. And why he spotted me so fast."

"We're teaming up with Rifler. Smoke Eyes will stop at nothing to kill you and Jin. I have a feeling he's not too fond of sirens..."

"... I don't know if you're aware of this, but most sirens don't take kindly to half bloods. I know this sounds crazy, but if those sirens show up to kill me and they see Yoongi, they might help us. I can try to call out to them with Jin."

Jungkook nods and walks away to make sure everything is prepared for the impending blood bath.

Jin and Jimin spend an hour calling out to any sirens nearby. They accidentally hypnotize a few crew members in the process, but they're able to snap out of it.

Before any sirens arrive, Hoseok's ship comes back. He puts on an expression of mock offense. "First, you don't invite me to your boat party and then you sing to someone else? I'm offended."

Namjoon and Jungkook look at each other and nod. Jungkook takes the lead. "Stick around and they'll be sirens by the dozen."

Hoseok claps excitedly. "That sounds fantastic. Still a bit offended I wasn't originally invited. So, what's the occasion? Someone's birthday?"

"More like we're about to battle the most ruthless pirate in this hemisphere."

Hoseok sits on his railing. "Little Smoke Eyes? Nah, he's harmless. Just don't get within 10 miles of him and you're good."

"He's probably already on his way. He'll be here in no time."

Hoseok frowns. "Well, then I might not stick around for the siren social. I'd rather not get middle in your mess."

Namjoon scoffs. "You don't want to join and help out? Everyone knows that Smoke Eyes is a tyrant. He'll kill anyone in his other for no reason other than pure pleasure."

"I'm not one to shame another man's past times."

"Well, if you want a siren for yourself, you should care. Yoongi most likely wants to wipe out every siren in existence."

For the first time in Jungkook's memory, Hoseok shuts up. "Well... Wow, I can't think of a witty comeback. Still, I don't want to get caught up in your battles. I wish you good luck."

He sails away without another word.

Jungkook sighs. "Are you sure we should do this? We could just run."

"Smoke Eyes will find us eventually. We might as well get it over with." Jimin runs up. "The sirens are here. Don't look in the water. Their powers of manipulation are more potent when they're angry."

Each Captain gathers their crews together. Jimin and Jin take a deep breath and walk up to the railing. There's about 40 sirens in the water.

A girl siren is the only one brave enough to poke her head out of the water. She's staring directly into Jimin's eyes. "I smell siren blood on you."

"I was attacked."

"You're dressed like a human on a pirate ship. Seems like their attacks were justified."

"These pirates helped me. When sirens attacked them, I had to return the favor. Nevermind that, we have a more pressing matter to attend to."

She swims closer. "This better be important."

"We have word of a half blood who's on his way. He kills sirens for fun."

The siren grins. "A half blood? What's their name?"

"Smoke Eyes."

The grin falls almost immediately. "He killed my whole family. When is he coming?"

"Should be here any minute. I know I've killed sirens, but my actions were justified. He has no reasonable excuse other than greed and revenge. We need all of you to help."

Another female siren pops her head out of the water. "But he's a half blood which means our powers are null. How could we possibly help?"

"A Captain is useless without a crew."

The sirens disappear under the water for a few minutes before returning. "We're in if you promise to never kill a siren again."

"Deal."

-