14

Smoke Eyes paces around his cabin. He lets out a chuckle and sits down. "I'll tear that creature limb from limb."

Bounty smiles. "When are we going after him?"

"Give the children a moment to fight. When Rifler's done, we'll swoop in."

"But what if Rifler snatches him first?"

Smoke Eyes scoffs. "Rifler is incompetent. If by the grace of God he manages to get that bloody siren before we do, we'll just go after him."

"Why are we killing him if we could just sell him? Plenty of sailors would want to get their hands on him."

His smile drops. "We're killing him for fun. Silver Tongue looked very fond of that siren, so it'll tear him up inside if we slaughter him before his very eyes. I want Silver Tongue dead, but there's only one thing better than killing him: making him kill himself. It would be humiliating."

Bounty grins. "This is why I love working with you."

-

Jungkook works overtime to arm every crew member and stock every canon. "Trickster isn't a violent as Rifler. I rarely fight with Hoseok, but... These other two. They're brutal. I'd prepare yourself to lose some of the friends you've made here."

"When do you think he'll show up?"

"Nightime. He prefers sneak attacks, but I know his tricks."

Jimin looks over his shoulder. "Is that his ship?"

Jungkook's head whips around. "What the... Yes, it is. He's in plain sight. It's the middle of the day."

"Maybe... He doesn't want to fight."

"Or maybe he's just impatient."

Jungkook goes to the highest point of the ship. Sure enough, there are no other shops sneaking up from behind. "What is he planning?"

Jimin feels the hair on his head stand up. "Um... Jungkook? I sense a siren."

"Where? In the water?"

He closes his eyes and focuses. "No. On their ship. There's a siren on their ship."

Just like with Trickster, the ship is approaching at a decent speed. It's a matter of minutes before they're next to each other. "Don't fire."

Jungkook looks at him with wide eyes. "What do you mean 'don't fire'? I'm not giving him the first shot."

"I know that siren. I know that voice."

Jimin stands at the railing eagerly until the ship pulls up next to them. Rifler is standing eye to eye with him. "Nice to see you again, beautiful. Put down your weapon and I'll put down mine."

"You're the one who approached us. Puts yours down first."

Rifler drops his guns so Jimin does the same. "Where's your siren?"

Rilfer whistles and someone comes out of hiding. Jimin smiles. "Jin, I thought you were dead."

Jungkook's jaw drops. They actually have a siren.

Jin smiles back. "I've been on this ship for a few months. I see you're taking the same path?"

"I guess I am."

Jungkook walks up. "If you have your own siren, I'm assuming you don't want ours."

Rifler nods. "You'd be correct."

"Then why are you here?"

"I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I'm here to help. I'm sure our friend Trickster already offered, but you've never trusted him."

"What makes you think I trust you anymore than I trust him?"

"Smoke Eyes will come after you first and then me. He always does that. He's been especially blood thristy recently. He murdered half of a town's population simply because he had the time."

"I still don't understand why you want to help me."

"If he's going to come after both of us anyways, we have a better chance of winning 2 to 1 rather than 1 on 1."

"... And how do I know that you're not about to stab me in the back?"

"We're in the same sticky situation. He'll know that I have a siren immediately..."

"How would he know?"

Rifler's crew starts working at the snap of a fingerm they tie the ships together so Rifler can board their ship. "It's not something I should say out loud. Definitely not around your crew."

They go into Jungkook's cabin and lock the door.

"Smoke Eyes is half siren."

-

Jimin and Jin embrace each other. "It's been too long. How have you been?"

Jin shrugs. "Rifler is nice to me. How about you? I've heard Silver Tongue can be... A bit psychotic at times."

"That's an understatement. What's important is that he's slowly getting better."

"That's good. Just be careful. Pirates have nothing to lose."

-