10

"... Really?"

"Anything. I mean it."

Jimin backs away again. "You could be lying again. All you do is lie to me. I have no reason to trust you. Do you have any idea how badly you hurt me?"

Jungkook tries to jump in but Orca yanks him back.

"Stop holding me back! I have to be with him!"

Jimin watches the interaction with wide eyes. "What's gotten into you?... Why are you acting like this?..."

"I'm going insane. You have to come back. Please, I can't live like this for much longer. My brain is on fire."

Jimin grabs the rope. "Then pull me up." Jungkook nods and pulls him back onboard as fast as he can.

Jimin's face remains sullen. Jungkook cups his cheeks and tries to make eye contact. "You look distressed. Let's go talk about it."

Knotsy pats Jungkook's shoulder. "Give him a second before dragging him back to your room. He's probably shaken up." He looks at Jimin and smiles. "It's good to have you back, kid."

Jimin looks down at his tail. "Can someone grab me a shirt or a jacket?"

Jungkook takes his shirt off and hands it to him. "I can grab you a jacket too. If you want..."

"I'm good. Can you guys turn around for a second?..."

They all turn around and wait for him or clear his throat. Jungkook is the first to turn back around. Jimin's tail is gone again.

"Babe, I'm so sorry. Please, can we go talk about this. Please."

Jimin stands up slowly and nods. "I guess we should just get it over with."

They walk into the Captain's cabin and Jungkook closes the door. "Babe, I've been looking for you all day. I was going crazy."

Jimin sits down on the bed. "Do you not see how toxic this is?"

Jungkook kneels down in front of him and grabs his hands. "I have anger issues and I can usually control them, but when I'm around you, all of my emotions are so strong. I know I've treated you poorly—"

"That's an understatement. You really can't treat me like that if you expect me to stay."

Jungkook cups his face in his hands. "I know. I'll fix it."

"I would ask you to promise, but you've broken ever promise you've made to me..."

"I know. I know. I've been going crazy. I don't know what's happening to me. I've never acted like this before."

"Let me guess? You're going to blame it on me seducing you?"

"No. It's all me. I'm just so caught up in... I don't even know what it is, but my brain just goes haywire around you. I need you."

Jimin reaches up with a trembling hand and traces the tattoo on Jungkook's neck. "And what'll happen if I flirt with the crew? You know that's the only way I'm conditioned to talk to people."

"I'll try not to get jealous."

"If I'm yours at the end of the day, there's no reason to get jealous..."

"... Mine?"

Jimin grins slightly. "Yeah. Just know that if you pull that shit again, I'm jumping off the ship again and never coming back."

"I'll be good. I promise."

Jimin giggles and ruffles his hair. "I never thought I'd have you begging on your knees for me."

"I need you. I desperately need you." His eyes are still bloodshot, maybe even more than they were before.

"You're trembling."

"I thought I'd lost you." A tear falls down his cheek. "I'll never give you reason to leave again."

Jimin gives him a kiss and feels him stop shaking. "You have one more chance. I'm not playing around."

Jungkook scrambles up to give him a hug. They fall back into the mattress as Jungkook cries into his shoulder.

Jimin gives him a few kisses to try and calm him down. "It's okay. I'm here now. There's no need to cry."

He's not gonna lie and say he isn't thrown off by seeing Jungkook's vulnerable side. He sees like the kind of guy to hide every emotion except anger, so seeing him cry is shocking.

Jungkook eventually calms down. "We're going to the mainland in 2 days. I buy you some clothes so you aren't walking around in just a shirt all the time."

"I'd love that."

-