5

Jimin awakens the next morning alone in Falco's bed. He hear yelling up on the main deck so he scurries to put his shirt on before running up. He sees Jungkook running around, rather frazzled. He spots Jimin and runs up. "You led them to us."

"Led who?"

"Sirens! They lured 3 crew members underwater last night."

Jimin chokes up. "I didn't lead them here!"

"So sirens just so happen to attack us the week you show up?"

Jimin walks over to the railing and takes the shirt off. "I'll find them. I'll kill them." He turns around and grabs a dagger from Jungkook belt before diving over the side of the ship.

Jungkook runs over and looks into the water. He's long gone.

-

Jimin swims around frantically. He spots a few figures 500 meters down.

-

Jungkook paces across the deck until nightfall. There hasn't been any movement in the water since Jimin dove into it.

Orca walks up. "He hasn't returned yet?"

"No. For all I know, he could be dead right now. It's his fault anyways... They had to have followed him."

-

Jimin stands the dagger into the last siren's chest and cuts off a patch of their scales. He swims towards the surface rather slowly. He's losing a lot of blood.

He can see the silhouette of the ship. He can feels his muscles failing him. When he's only 15 meters from the surface, he feels his thoughts shifting back to Jungkook.

He takes a deep breath and it stings. He looks down and sees that his tail is gone. He tries to transform back but can't he tries to take another breath. He feels like fire fills his lungs.

The last thing he sees before blacking out is someone diving into the water.

-

Jungkook is staring at the Moon when he hears a shout. "Cap! He's over here!"

Jungkook rushes over and looks into the water. Jimin's tail is gone and he looks like he's drowning. Jungkook rushes to get his boots off before jumping in.

He swims down and sees Jimin's lifeless figure sinking. He grabs his hand and pulls him up towards the surface they break the surface. "Jimin, talk to me. Talk to me!"

Jimin doesn't respond. Jungkook swims over to the rope and holds it tightly. "Pull us up! Now!"

Knotsy and Orca team up to hoist them up. Jungkook sets him down on the deck and takes his shirt off, covering him. He does chest compressions until Jimin starts coughing up water.

Jungkook pulls him so he's sitting up. "Jimin, what happened?"

He slumps over, exhausted. "They're dead... Killed all of them..." He holds out his hand and drops a few scales. "7 of them. There were 7. I didn't know them." He coughs up more water.

Jungkook lifts him up and carries him into his cabin, laying him on the bed. "You need to sleep. I'll stay in the hold tonight."

Jimin tears up. "I killed for you and you still leave me... I've never killed another siren."

"... You really want me to stay?"

"Yes."

"I shouldn't..."

The tears start to flow. "I'm not gonna try to sleep with you or anything. I just don't want to be alone. Am I that repulsive to you?"

"You aren't repulsive."

"Then stay!" He starts crying heavily, his whole body shaking.

"Okay, okay. I'll stay. Only for tonight."

Jimin pulls him into the bed and wraps his arms around him. He cries into his chest. Jungkook's instincts are yelling to to push him away, but he ignores them and plants a quick kiss on Jimin's forehead.

Jimin looks up with gleaming eyes. He grabs Jungkook's face and pulls him into a kiss before he has the chance to think.

-