18

'Gulf..' Leon thought, his heart jolly yet sad to see him in this situation.

"Who the fuck are you to meddle with our business?!" Mew argued with Leon.

"Mew.. stop!" Gulf slightly raised his voice. Mew finally calmed down as per Gulf's command.

"Mew.. I met this guy online, his name is Leon. Just earlier... he asked to go after me.. and I agreed. So.. he does have business in this. Mew.. we're only strangers now... I don't want to see you nor hear your name ever again. Please.. if you really love me.. you'd do this for me. Let me go, Mew.." Gulf looked up at him with pitiful eyes that broke Mew's heart. Tears started to rush down Mew's cheeks as he pondered over Gulf's absurd words. His whole body became weak that his grip on Gulf fell back to his side.

"Let's go, Leon," Gulf reluctantly gripped Leon's wrist and dragged him out of the store, leaving his sad friend behind.

As they were walking back, Leon took a glance at Gulf who was in deep thought.

"Hey.. you okay?" Leon asked reluctantly.

"Oh, yeah. Just a little.. thinking," Gulf lied. He contemplated like it was the end of the world, to be exact.

"I know it's hard, don't blame yourself," Leon placed his hand on Gulf's shoulder in reassurance.

"Why were you there?" He asked, asking the question he couldn't ask earlier due to the unfortunate incident.

"It was near my house and I was hungry. Didn't expect to see you there either," Leon frowned, trying his best not to show any signs of too much happiness.

"Maybe fate let us meet," Gulf shrugged like he was forced to say it.

"I believe so. Oh, where do you live now? You used to live with him, right?" Leon emphasised the word 'him'; indicating Gulf's ex-best friend.

"With my other friend.. but I'm pretty sure I can't stay for too long," Gulf replied.

"Oh... don't you have a house?" Leon asked curiously.

"Why would I? I left home after my mom died, it's probably sold already," Gulf shrugged, chuckling at himself.

"Then what do you plan to do?" Leon asked.

"I don't know. Get a part-time job, earn some money, then maybe buy a small condo," Gulf planned rationally.

"That's too expensive though," Leon reminded him, curling his eyebrows.

"It's all I can do. Everything's a mess right now," Gulf scoffed.

"What about you... stay with me for the meantime?" Leon asked hesitantly, glancing nervously.

"Huh? Me? Stay with you??" Gulf questioned in confusion, pointing at himself.

"Yeah. I have a small house nearby, I assume it's even closer to your University so you don't have to take the bus," Leon explained.

"Well... Will your parents agree?"

"Oh, I'm an orphan. I was adopted but both of them died 2 years ago, so I got to take all the money and inheritance. Never knew my biological parents though..." Leon looked down gloomily.

"I'm sorry about that," the mood changed, the sunset matching the vibe.

"It's not so deep. I was lucky enough to be loved by at least two people. So, what do you say? Wanna stay with me?" Leon went back to the topic before it got too emotional for him.

"Won't I be a bother?" Gulf asked assumingly.

"You?? No! I'm willing to give everything up if it's you!" Leon joked almost unjokingly.

"Asshole. Fine! Just let me get my stuff from my old place," Gulf stated, rolling his eyes.

"Your stuff is still with.. him?" Leon hesitated to mention such a person.

"Yeah, I was supposed to take it today to my other friend's house, but since you offered to let me stay, I'll take it to yours!" Gulf smiled for once which brightened up Leon's day.

"Oh.. how far is it?" Leon asked.

"Usually it takes 40 minutes to get to University and back I guess," Gulf assumed, shrugging.

"That's kinda far," Leon sighed just thinking about waking up so early.

"Well, it was good enough. It was only the two of us, so anything was good enough," Gulf stated optimistically.

"Then.. how do you get money for your tuition and expenses?" Leon asked.

"My family used to be rich, so all their money got transferred to me, but that won't last too long," he frowned.

"So basically... he was feeding off of you?" Leon questioned unwittingly.

"No! He was never after my money. He only cared about me as a human being. Took care of me, loved me... it was never about my background. To him... I was the only thing he focused on, not what was behind me, or surrounding me. He used to be always in front of me, but now... I have to put him behind me and see the clearer path that he used to block," Gulf stated from his heart.

"Yeah.. he doesn't deserve you," Gulf stopped and stared at Leon, startling him.

"Why?" Leon asked, slightly startled at his actions.

"Then what do I deserve?" Gulf asked with seriousness. Leon smiles softly and took Gulf's hands in his. Leon stared deeply into his dumbfounding eyes that brought peacefulness just like the breeze around them.

"Someone that can be beside you, not in front of you. Someone who will hold your hand through every hardship... I want to be that person, Gulf. Please let me love you," his expression changed with ease as his love for Gulf strengthened.

!!! BLOG UPDATE !!!

"Maybe it's true. Maybe your heart will fit mine. Should I accept it?"
@Gupp____What

To be continued...

(932 words)