12

Mew got home, unlocked the room and entered. He looked around as the unfamiliar air welcomed him. The air where it used to be happy, cheerful, enjoyable.. with his Gulf. Now, it was just him, all alone in this gloomy, empty, and grey place. Maybe he just felt sad.. but the atmosphere was pure depressing like someone died there before. Mew sighed at his pathetic condition and proceeded to cook dinner for himself.

"What have I done to make you act so differently Gulf? Did I hurt you somehow? But I know what you like and don't like so how come I do something that you don't like. Did I offend you? But I'm not that low to joke around. Did I replace you? But you're the one who told me to do this in the first place! Ugh! I can't figure it out!" He cried in frustration while making dinner.

"Ah! Fuck!" Due to his deep thoughts, he accidentally cut himself, causing him to hiss in pain.

"See what thinking does to you?? Ugh! Stop overthinking, Mew!" He scolded himself as if his best friend had said it instead.

After he ate his dinner, he washed up and got ready for bed. He was starting to get worried about Gulf, so he messaged him, just in case.

• ADORABLE DORK •

Mew: Gulf, I'm about to go to bed. When are you coming home?

Gulf: We're about to leave. I had a little drink though..

Mew: Take care of yourself! Don't pass out on the streets!

Gulf: Yeah! Fiat's walking me back.

Mew: Whatever. I'm sleepy now, good night.

Gulf: Okay, good night.

Mew sighed and then turned off his phone. He starts to ponder for a few minutes before he starts falling asleep slowly.

Gulf finally got home after a tiring day. He unlocked the door and got welcomed by quiet air, yet a good one somehow, like he was finally home. He went into their room and found his best friend deep asleep. He sat on the bed and observed his peaceful face. His gaze suddenly focused on Mew's finger. His eyebrows curled at the cloth wrapped around the finger, he assumed Mew had hurt himself earlier. His hand unconsciously went up to Mew's injured finger as he gently caressed it. He then leaned beside his friend's ear to whisper something.

"You may not hear this but... I like you, Mew. I've liked you for about 2 years and I'm not sure how. You're so arrogant, flirty, and you play with my feelings.. but why can't I let you go? From now on... I'll let you go. You will have a beautiful life, with a wife, have kids.. and die satisfied. Thank you for everything, Mew. This is where our story ends. This is where your new life will begin… without me," Gulf confessed, sighing before sitting back up straight, then he stood up to go wash up. After washing, he got ready for bed. He laid down on his side of their bed and turned to Mew.

"Good night, Mew. I only want the best for you... So I'm willing to let you go... even if I'll just stay as your best friend forever," Gulf slowly closed his eyes and fell asleep quickly. After Gulf finally fell asleep, Mew slowly opened his eyes as tears ran down his eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier, Gulf? Maybe there would have still been a chance for us. I'll only tell you this once.. I won't let you go. Even if you're just my best friend, I won't let you go..." Mew pondered as he stared at his sleeping best friend. He gulped as his heart ached at Gulf's words before.

!!! BLOG UPDATE !!!

"I told him tonight. I finally confessed.. but he was asleep, so he might've not heard it. I just hope he thinks it's a dream." @Gupp____What

To be continued...

(652 words)