8

After 15 minutes, they arrive at the next bus station.

"Gulf, wake up. We're here," Mew gently caressed his hair as Gulf woke from his sleep. They then left the bus and started walking home.

"Tired?" Mew asked his friend.

"Yeah.." He silently replied, walking like a zombie.

"Get on my back," Mew offered.

"Huh? Why?" Gulf questioned curiously.

"You look pretty tired. You can sleep on my back while we walk home," he stated, bending his knee and leaning forward for Gulf to get on.

"No, we're almost there anyway," he refused.

"No, it's okay. Get on," he reassured Gulf. Gulf gives in and gets on Mew's back. He realized that Mew's back was softer than he had anticipated and fell asleep within a minute.

After 10 minutes, they arrived and Mew carefully laid his sleeping friend on the bed. He decided to let him sleep since it's been a long day. Mew tucked Gulf in the sheets as he slept peacefully. Mew washed up and got ready for bed. Once he was done, he turned off the lights and laid beside his best friend carefully so he wouldn't wake Gulf up.

Even with the lights closed, he can still see glimpses of Gulf's face that was lit by the moonlight behind Mew. He felt an urge of calmness and warmth seeing his best friend safe and sound. He softly smiled and leaned closer, placing a soft kiss on Gulf's forehead. Gulf suddenly groaned, slightly startling Mew. Once he was back asleep, Mew smiled and slowly closed his eyes, then fell asleep.

The next day, Mew woke up first. He smiled at the sight of his best friend peacefully sleeping in his arms. Mew never admitted it but whenever he is with Gulf he feels complete. Since he believes Gulf saved him before, he always wanted to return the favor and take care of him in-return. Mew was older but Gulf was more mature and always took the pain and blame. Mew's heart hurts seeing his best friend suffer like that so he always tried spoiling him to make him feel loved. Mew's hand unconsciously moves up to Gulf's hair as he gently caresses it.

"Even if I can't find 'the one', at least I'll be here by your side, making you smile and returning the favor you've done for me. Thank you so much for everything, Gulf Kanawut..." Mew softly said as he gently rubs his forehead against Gulf's, letting this soft warmth devour his heart. Gulf then groans as Mew moves away. Gulf slowly opens his eyes, meeting with Mew's.

"What time is it?" Gulf asked in a deep and raspy tone.

"6:30 am," Mew answered softly.

"It's still early, go back to sleep," he said, closing his eyes again to sleep.

"But I still have to pick up Ella, remember?" Mew reminded him, causing him to reopen his eyes.

"Oh yeah.. then you can go first. I'll sleep more," he smiled softly before reclosing his eyes.

Mew got up and got ready. Since he woke up first, he cooked breakfast for both of them. When he was finished with his cooking, Gulf just got up like their normal schedule.

"I'll get going now," Mew shouted from the front door.

"Okay, be careful!" Gulf replied from their room.

"Yeah" Mew took his bag and wore his shoes before leaving the condo.

After 20 minutes, he finally arrived at Ella's house. He sits by the bench just at the front while waiting for the girl to come out. After 5 minutes, the door opens, revealing Ella.

"Ella!" He automatically stood up.

"Mew?? What are you doing here??" She questioned in disbelief.

"I'm going to school with you!" He smiled at the girl.

"Oh, you live close?" She assumed.

"Nah, it took 20 minutes for me to get here!" He answered, chuckling at himself.

"Oh really? Did I take long?" She asked concerningly.

"No, it's okay. Let's go," they then started walking to the bus station.

"What about your best friend? Don't you live together?" She asked, holding the straps of her backpack.

"He said he can go on his own," Mew replied.

"Oh okay. Now, what made you want to go to school with me and wake up 30 minutes earlier just to pick me up?" She asked as if she watched all his routine.

"How did you know that?" He questioned in total disbelief.

"Well only a smart girl like me can understand! Average people would wake up at 7:00am and get ready for 30 minutes, so that means you woke up 30 minutes before your usual time to get ready and pick me up from my place that's 20 minutes away," she explained nearly as fast as the speed of light that Mew could barely catch up.

"... What?" He questioned, even more confusion devouring his head.

"I thought you were smart! Turns out you're neither smart nor handsome!" She teased, laughing at him.

"What did you just say??" He questioned offendingly.

"Nothing!" She lied, grinning.

"Hmm.. I heard that, nerd!" He stated, acting angry.

"Well, you can't punch a girl, Mr.Dozing Guy!" She threatened the 6 foot guy.

"You wanna try me?" He threatened back, going in front of her, causing her to stop.

"Why not?" She argued, raising both her eyebrows while smirking confidently.

"You're really not like others, huh?" Mew scoffed, looking away like a total bad boy.

"What do you mean?" She asked, asking for more details about herself.

"You're not flirty nor after me nor scared of me... you're just casual and friendly. That's a first!" He starts walking again, slowing down so she could catch up.

"Does it suck to be one of those?" She asked curiously.

"To me, yeah," he replied honestly.

"So.. you're saying I don't suck?" She asked again, still not getting the point.

"I'm hearing you wrong, but yeah. You're different, that's all," he shrugged.

"How different?" She asked once more.

"Basically an alien if you want it more straightforward," he sarcastically replied.

"You cocky asshole!" She cursed the brown haired guy. Mew's eyes widened at the familiar words she just said. He gulped when he felt his heart race from recalling his best friend. He decided to play it cool and try to do the same.

He grabbed Ella's shoulders and made her face him, startling her. He leans down to match her height. He then grabbed her chin and leaned closer.

"At least this cocky asshole is yours!" He flirted just like how he did with Gulf.

"Who says you're mine?!" She slaps his hand away and continues walking, literally almost the same behavior as Gulf.

He felt confused about himself... Is this why he's going after Ella? Because he got reminded of something familiar? He realized Gulf was nearly the same when they were kids. He was just casual and different. Mew is confused about his own feelings. Plus, the only reason why he agreed to try going out with her is because Gulf forced him to, and he agreed because he knew Gulf cared for him. Mew slowly started realizing that Ella was just as different as Gulf, which meant he liked Gulf first, but now someone similar to Gulf attracted him.

"Is this real?" Mew thought, sliding his hands in his pockets as he fell into deep thought.

!!! BLOG UPDATE !!!

"I noticed she's a little similar to me, then that means he won't have a hard time adjusting to her. I hope he doesn't notice anything from now on."
@Gupp____What

To be continued...

(1264 words)