triangles

Artem and Marius sat in horror as they rewound the tape recording for the 40th time that night. 

they had gotten to the police station last night. 

and they had never left. 

how could they? after all, they could only hear the audio in front of them. 

"911 whats your emergency?"

"h-hello? i have a women here. on the side of the road. i dunno where she came from but she needs help. i dunno what to do!"

"sir, please stay calm. can you tell us anything about her?"

"uh, sh-she looks real hurt. she just came out of this trail in the woods. not sure how she got there but it looks like she ran. sh-shes real bloody. can barely speak to!"

they could hear something in the background. it sounded like whimpering. or was it whispering?

"h-help. help."

"stay calm sir. can you tell us your name, and where your at?"

"y-yeah, im on the back road of-"

bang!

there was a loud bang from the other end. 

"n-no~"

crawling, slow, horrible crawling. 

at least that's what they could assume. 

"my dear, i found you!"

"h-help me. a-artem-"

"come on now my love."

"v-vyn-"

the line went dead. 

the whole call lasted 2 minutes. 

and it filled everyone with horrible dread when it was first played. 

now they needed to find her. they had to find her. her voice was so weak and hoarse. she sounded nothing like the women they were friends with. 

"get me Vyns financial records." Artem said quietly. 

there was a quiet moment of silence. Marius was in a daze, Darius was unable to move or speak. he had known the young women. 

she had been wicked smart, beautiful, and talented. how had someone like her ended up this way? how had he not seen any of this coming before now?

how was Vyn even capable of this?

"now!"

Artem slammed his fist on the table hard. and everyone jumped. 

the bank hadn't been available last night. but now it would be open. 

"it could take a few hours-"

"give me the phone then. ill have it done in a few minutes." Marius growled. 

darius hadn't ever seen either of them work in such perfect sync with each other. and they were a force to be reckoned with. 

the door opened, and two people stepped inside. 

"here."

they offered up a phone with the bank on the other line. and the other was here to deliver a message. 

"Luke pearce is requesting to be added onto this case." the officer said. 

he held a yellow envelope and Artem took it before Darius could move to handle it. 

"he shouldn't have been updated about this." Artem growled, opening it up. 

Marius had begun to argue with the bank, his voice was calm and measured, but it held an obviously threatening tone as he rattled off a dozen arguments.