just a simple touch

"do you have anything in mind?" vyn asked. 

he smiled gently down at me, we were in an open air farmers market, he asked if i t was alright to pick up a few things for dinner. 

"im not sure, whatever is easiest for us to make i geuss. what do you think about pasta?" i asked. 

he tapped his chin and picked out a few tomatoes and zuchinni. i held open the bag as he dropped them inside. garlic, onion, mushrooms. 

"i should have some dried pasta, and the rest of the spices and such at home. do you think this would be enough for us both?" he asked. 

i nodded my head. 

"perfect, i have tea and some dessert aswell." he said. 

"do you bake?" i asked. 

"i do, i hope you enjoy pastries i have plenty." he said happily. 

he was quite interesting. i know it was odd that i didn't expect him to be able to cook, but when you think about it not many men can. baking was even more rare. i followed behind him, peaking around at the various booths. i didn't even know there was a place like this until now. 

i paused to look over a booth that sold jewelry. it was incredibly beautiful, full silver and ornately woven and sparkling jewels winked up at me. it looked like it would cost a fortune. there was a pair of yellow crystal earrings that caught my eye. 

i didn't wear earrings very much but a pair like that made me want to. 

"see something you like?"

i jumped and looked up. a man looked down at me with a nice smile, he was dressed nicely, with slicked back hair and a nicely trimmed beard. 

"oh yeah i was just browsing." i said happily. 

he smiled and looked at the earrings. 

"citrine? you know that means luck right?" he asked. 

i shook my head. i had never really had time to delve into the superstitions of crystals. 

"they would look gorgeous on a young lady like yourself. 

he reached out and plucked them off the the display. i felt uncomfortable as he moved close, pushing his body against mind and holding the earrings up to my face so i could see them in the display mirror. 

i tried to move back, and felt the side of his leg blocking me. 

"ah yes, they look nice but i don't have the money to buy them. thank you." i said. 

i moved the other side and he shifted. 

"well... you know i wouldn't mind buying them for you. you would look soooo-"

he pushed further against me, his face close by my neck. 

"beautiful."

"please back off of me sir, im uncomfortable." 

he smiled. 

"its just a little dinner, that's all i ask in return, and you can keep the earrings no problem!"

i glanced down, and noticed a silver glint on his ring finger. 

"i don't think your wife would enjoy that." i replied. 

he frowned before laughing. 

"what she doesn't know wo-"

"y/n? my darling there you are!"

i was suddenly pulled hard away from the strange man, a pair of strong, gentle, warm arms wrapped around me and squeezed tightly. the glint of white hair told me it was vyn. he was hugging me warmly. his scent was so nice, warm and comforting. i hadn't ever imagined him to be so strong either.