more than friends

artem, Luke and Marius crowded around Y/n. luke held tears in his eyes, marius looked more relieved than Y/n had ever seen him, and artem was crying. 

vyn was pushed back. he clenched his jaw as the three took turns hugging and holding her hand, confessing how worried and upset they were. why were they even here? did they think vyn couldn't take care of her? of course he could, hed never let his darling lover get hurt. 

his expression was cold and dark, every time artem or luke or marius touched her, his fist got tighter. he had been in the hospital the entire two days she was asleep, he had been there signing papers and making the decisions, not these three. and now they were stealing his sp-

"vyn?"

vyn was dragged out of his fuming thoughts by a quiet, hoarse voice. 

the three boys in front of him parted and moved to the side for him, he walked to her side, a smile immediately hitting his face. 

"vyn, can you help me sit up?" she asked. 

"we could've helped you with that heh." luke said. 

he tried to move forward but VYn blocked him. he smiled gently at y/n and slipped his hands under her. her eyebrows creased with pain as his cold hands brushed the various cuts on her back. 

"im sorry." he murmured. 

he lifted her slowly, and gently moved pillows around. her face was slightly paler as he did so, the pain almost unbearable. y/n didn't want to worry him, so she bit her tongue to calm herself. 

"is this good?" he asked. 

he was overjoyed. she had asked him for help. not the others, even thought they were so close, she went out of her way to call out to him. maybe that night was a blessing in disguise. maybe now she only wanted to rely on him. no one else. 

he smiled a little more and brushed a stray hair out of her face. 

once again Vyn was pushed back. luke began chatting about some odd mystery series, artem watched with a small smile as the color gradually returned to Y/ns face. 

vyn took his spot back in his chair, trying to ward off the anger burning inside. he just wanted to hold her, make sure she felt safe and warm. why did they have to come near her? why did they have to interrupt?

after a few minutes there was a knock on the door, it opened to show the surgeon and doctor who Vyn had personally requested take care of her. 

"oh, well its quite the party in here?" Dr. Harris teased. 

"hello miss Y/n, its good to see you awake." Dr. thompson said. 

artem and Vyn stood, both of them trying to take control over the situation. Vyn easily stepped in front, extending a cool hand and shaking with the two doctors. 

"she woke up not long ago, maybe an hour?" vyn said. 

they reviewed her chart with furrowed brows. 

"yes, you endured quite the beating. and I've still got some concerns about the sepsis. do you have any preexisting conditions dear?" Dr. Harris asked. 

luke and marius moved out of the way as the two doctors went to her bedside. Vyns eyes narrowed as Dr. Thompson began a physical exam, gently touching over her stomach. he knew it wasn't malicious but he hated the idea of a strange mans hands all over HIS y/n. 

"no she doesn't." luke said. 

the doctor glanced at him before looking back at Y/n for her answer. lukes cheeks grew a little pink with embarrassment.