triple threats

the room was silent when Vyn left. no one really knew what to say. 

"uh, dinner?" marius asked quietly. 

for once he had nothing to say. he knew the old man and Y/n were getting closer. but he didn't know they were that close. it pissed him off to see him getting the girl he wanted, after barely a week of being around her. but Marius also saw how happy she was, and was just happy to see her smile. 

"what do you guys want?" y/n asked. 

marius propped himself up on his elbows. Y/n was struggling to sit up properly, and Luke was staring hard at the game on his phone. it was no secret that the boy was in love with Y/n. he had been since they were kids. 

maybe at some point Y/n had felt the same way, but when he went away for years, without speaking to her or contacting her, they grew apart. Marius thought it was a little sad, maybe they could've been something together. 

but it was clear she was happy with Vyn. 

"how about that place across the street. the thai bistro?" marius asked. 

he noticed Y/n staring at Luke, there was a conflicted look in her eyes. she knew he was upset. 

"yeah that would be good." y/n nodded her head. 

it was silent for a moment, suffocating Marius. he sighed, knowing the two of them needed time alone. 

"ill pick it up, text me your order alright." he said. 

luke barely glanced at him, Y/n nodded her head and pulled out her phone as Marius got his keys and walked out. 

the room was dead silent when Marius left. it filled Y/n with dread to look at Luke with such a serious expression. 

"what do you want to-"

"nothing, not hungry."

his thumbs were no longer moving across the screen, he only stared at his animated character getting its ass beat by the villains on screen. he could see it as Vyn, beating him in the game to get Y/ns heart. the way he smiled, so arrogant when he got a kiss from Y/n. were they dating? was it official?

"well, ill just order something small for you. i don't eat a whole bunch. Vyn told me to take it easy on my sto-"

"okay."

his leg began to wiggle slightly. even hearing his name come from her mouth pissed him off. what did he have that Luke didn't. Luke knew everything about her. her favorite food, color, animal, her birthday, her favorite flowers. he had grown up with her. 

"luke, whats wrong." Y/n said. 

she put down her phone and whinced as she sat up. Luke barely looked at her. 

"nothing, just get the food."

she pursed her lips and turned back to her phone, angry at Luke aswell. why was he always acting this childish whenever someone got close to her? he had been pissed off when he saw her hanging with Artem after work. he had been pissed off when her and Marius worked cases together. didn't he know she was her own person? she didn't always have to be around him. 

she texted Marius her order. extra rice, and an order of soup dumplings. she searched the menu for Luke, and got him tonkatsu ramen with extra chili oil. 

the three dots for Marius came up, and he sent a thumbs up. 

Y/n closed her phone, preparing for the argument between Luke and her. 

(pov change)

the car was silent between Artem and Vyn. the two of them were silent fuming at each other. Vyn was pissed off at how close he got, Artem was pissed off for interrupting.