interrogation

vyn picked me up from my house in the morning. i had a cup of coffee, and a breakfast sandwich in one hand, and balanced my case files, phone and notes in the other. when i stepped out of the elevator, Vyn raised an eyebrow and moved to help me. 

"here, why don't you focus on eating and ill carry this." he said gently. 

thank god for gentlemen. 

i was starving, last night had been so much fun, and we had eaten plenty but for some reason i got so hungry in the middle of the night. the fact i was to exhausted to get up only made it worse, so i was left ravenous this morning. 

i went to the car and set my coffee cup on the roof and opened the door. 

"did you sleep well?" vyn asked. 

i nodded my head and shut the door to the car. i clipped on my seatbelt, and took the finishing bites of my sandwich. it was like a small heaven in my mouth. 

"that is good, i hope today proceeds peacefully." he said. 

i swallowed the last bite while nodding my head. he put the car in reverse and slowly backed up, then pulled out of the parking lot. 

there was an odd thud on the roof and milky brown liquid poured down the window. 

"my coffee!"

i was in such a rush to finish my sandwich i forgot my coffee. Vyn immediately stopped the car, my yell had frightened him. 

"your? coffee?"

i pointed to the wind shield and got out of the car. sure enough my cup had tipped over and coffee poured sadly out of the top. 

i shut my eyes and gave a quiet sob, coffee was one of the few luxuries i let myself have. i sighed and lifted the cup while vyn got out up. 

"oh, i see, it sh-"

"im so sorry! ugh, now your car is ruined i can pay for the cleaning bill if you'd like! i forget stuff like this so much. im sorry!" i exclaimed. 

it only just now set in that i had spilled dark brown coffee on a perfectly pristine white car. my cheeks burned with embarrassment, and i expected Vyn to at least be somewhat frustrated with me. he only smiled a little more and shook his head. 

"some window cleaner and a papertowel will suffice." he said. 

normally, men cared so much about the smallest amount of damage to a nice car. my father would get upset if the bugs hit the windshield while driving down the highway. i was surprised by Vyns calm reply. 

"wont it need polish aswell? i can pay for it." i said. 

he tilted his head and chuckled. 

"if you'd like to pay me back so much, come to dinner with me once again tonight." he said. 

my cheeks grew a little pink as i looked into his smiling eyes. the gold in the sun looked almost see through. and for a moment i thought i saw something more tender in his eyes. 

i didn't realize i was staring until he frowned slightly. 

"it is alright if you cannot make it, i understand you and Luke have a special relationship, if you need, i will eat alone." vyn said. 

his comment about luke and i went straight over my head. his eyes saddened a bit. i didn't know he enjoyed my company so much. 

"no no, its alright, i was just surprised. i expected you to ask for money that's all." i said. 

his lips quirked up in a smile and his sad demeanor vanished. he motioned fo rme to get back into his car. 

"i have plenty of that, but company is something i lack. its nice to eat with someone for a change." he said.