"W-what?" Mark asked eventually.

"You're fooling us, right?" Jay asked after she came back to reality.

"N-no." Louis stammered out. "And before you say anything, I know what I did was stupid and reckless, but I can't change it anymore and I know you are disappointed as hell and when you want to punish me, then feel free to do it, but I really want to be a part of his life and I want to make it right."

"You- I...I need to process that." Mark said and looked at Louis expressionless before standing up and leaving the room.

"Mum, I-" Louis started but she cut him off.

"No, Louis. Your dad's right. Let me talk to him, okay? Please go to your room." She said quite tense and followed her husband.

Louis rubbed his hands over his face and lingered like that for a few seconds before he also stood up and went upstairs to his room. Just after he had closed his door the tears fell from his eyes and he let out a sob. He threw himself on his bed, his head spinning like crazy.

He was so scared that his parents would kick him out after that or didn't let him see his son and the worst scenarios were running through his head. "Fuck." He cried and pressed his pillow over his face. He had been so happy when he learned about Jack and now he was afraid that everything would came down, but he couldn't even blame his parents when they were angry with him.

After half an hour there was a knock on the door, but Louis didn't hear it he was too busy crying into his pillow. His parents entered the room and Jay sat down on the bed and embraced him into a tight hug. He clutched onto her and sobbed into her shoulder.

"I'm so sorry. God." He hiccuped and Jay rubbed his back soothingly.

"Calm down, baby. So we can talk about it." She said gently and pressed a kiss to his head.

After a few minutes he calmed down and looked up to find his dad sitting on the other end of the bed and his mother still on the same spot next to him.

"You know Louis, we aren't happy that you were indeed careless and stupid, but as you said earlier we can't change it anymore. We're happy to see that you want to participate in the boy's life, but do you know what you have to expect? Do you know how hard it is to raise a child? Especially at the age of eighteen?" Mark asked and Jay nodded along with her husband.

"I know it won't get easy and there will be difficult times, but I really want to make things right. Harry had to deal with that for two years alone and he never complained. I don't want to let him do this alone and I want to get to know my son better." Louis said seriously wiping over his face and he didn't miss the impressed look on his parents' faces. They had never thought he could be this mature, especially since Louis had changed to much. They knew about his drinking and sleeping around, but as much as they had already talked to him or grounded him when he was still underage, nothing had helped.

"Okay. We would never talk you out of this, but you must be sure about that. There is no going back now and you can't chicken out. You have a responsibility now, so you need to change your life and grow up. What I mean with that is no parties, no drunk excesses and please start caring about school more." Jay spoke up now and Louis nodded.

"I know. I know that I have to change and I will gladly do it, as long as I can see my son grow up."

"Can we meet him?" Jay asked slowly and Louis shot her a look of surprise.

"Really?" He asked with big eyes.

"Of course! He's our grandson." Mark smiled slightly at his son.