Matchups

The next day, Aizawa calls for the classses attention to talk about the upcoming sports festival and the training required up until it starts.

"There will be pros scouting you all, so you must be at the top of your game. To help you prepare, I will be assigning sparring partners today that will last til the end of the semester.
The partners will be as follows:
Mina and Denki
Iida and Todoroki
Y/N and Bakugou
Yayarozou and Uraraka ..."

He continued listing pairs but all you could focus on was being paired with Bakugou.
I can't wait to beat his ass into the ground you thought playfully, halfway joking.

"Now, this will be physical combat sparring, so NO quirks, especially if you are to practice off of school grounds. Meet with your partner and discuss where and when you will be sparring."

You go to walk to Bakugou, you walk past Shoto and you both blush deeply, exchanging small waves.

"Hey Katsuki, you excited to have your face in the dirt?" you ask jokingly.

" As if you could lay a scratch on me extra. I'm surprised you're not over there fawning over icy hot."

"Oh shut it sparky that's none of your buisness."

He rolls his eyes and changed the subject.

"Where are we gonna spar? I don't really know of anywhere, but the training ground at school is gonna be packed as hell."

"Wellll, if you don't mind trespassing I know a place, really pretty view, but be wary no one would be able to hear you cry like a baby after you lose." you pout.

"Psh..Whatever you free after school?"

"Sure am, we can meet at the gates, and if you want we can postponed studying for the day."

"Fine, don't be late this time."

"Whatever you say Katsuki." you put your hands up in defeat.

You make your way to lunch and catch Shoto's eye. you run up to him and give him a small hug, rewarding you both with various looks from your peers.

"You seem happy today Y/N."

"We'll duh, I get to see you Snowflake!" You say smirking.

"For a minute I was worried it would be due to being paired with Bakugou for sparring."

"I mean i'm excited to soar because he matches me in physical strength and will push me to my limit, but his attitude is a whole other situation." You roll your eyes.

"Haha, well anyways I was wondering, would you like to come over today?"

"I'd love to Shoto, but I already agreed to start training with Bakugou today." You say with a pouty face.

Disappointed is etched into his soft smile.

"That's okay, we always have tomorrow."

————————-Todoroki's POV————-

I can tell what his plan is. Why does he have to take everything I have.

He acts like I don't see him staring at her constantly, making her uncomfortable, it's obvious she doesn't like him so why even bother.

And to top it all of he asked Aizawa to be paired with her? That should've been me.

But.. she looks..so...happy..

I'm glad I can be the one to make her smile, he better not hurt her..

Todoroki walks back to his seat after lunch daydreaming while watching Bakugou and Y/N make conversation.

He made her laugh, causing a growing frustration and/or jealousy to raise within his mind.

But with a glance from Y/N and smile, all emotions fade away as he stares in awe at the beautiful girl in front of him.

————————————-Y/N POV————

You get back to class and decide to talk with Katsuki before class starts.

Denki tries to woo you yet again in which Katsuki with just a glance makes him flee, causing you to laugh.

As you're laughing, you turn your head slightly catching Shoto staring at you.

A light blush forms on your cheeks as you give a smile and wave in his direction, to which he waves back.

——

School finally releases, and so he doesn't get annoyed you make a point to beat Katsuki to the doors. You wait for a couple minutes until he finally walks up.

"What took you so long Sparky?" You tease.

"I don't know, I was just dreading seeing you idiot."

"What a gentleman." You say sarcastically while giving him an eye roll.

"So where are we going anyways, extra?"

"It's kinda in the middle of nowhere, but i've gone there quite a bit, so I know my way around." you say nervously.

"Fine, let's just go.."

You make your way to the crowded train station to wait for the train. When it finally arrives you both step on and sit across from each other.

Although it's a short ride, it felt like an eternity as you caught yourself staring into Katsuki's crimson eyes that pierce through whatever it sees with a certain domineering aura.

The train finally comes to a stop and you both walk for about 20 minutes before coming to a gate.

"Let's go" you say excitedly.

"But it says no entry?"

"And..??"

"Tch... Whatever.. You go first."

You start to climb the fence and glance back to see if Katsuki is following, but he seems to be preoccupied.

"If you could stop staring at my ass that'd be great!" You yell semi-sarcastically.

"Take it as a compliment extra, there's not many things I like enough to stare." he says with a smirk.

"Whatever..Just hurry up and get over here."

You finally get over and make it to the barren spot in the small surrounding forest.

"You ready?" You say putting your hands up in a defensive stance.

"Duh, Let's get this over with." he barks.

You charge at each other and the match begins.