79. house hunting

*the next day*
mrs. katie's pov
"come one hayley." i say as i'm trying to get my daughter out of bed. "mommm five more minutes." she complains "it's 11 am, way past when i normally wake you up. come on get up we have to go house hunting today." i tell her "does jules still not know about you and dad getting divorced?" she asks me "no i was gonna tell her at christmas but that was before johnny asked for my blessing to propose and it was such a happy time and now she's busy and stressed with wedding planning so i figured i'd tell her after her honeymoon." i inform hayley "after her honeymoon? mom that's like 4 months away, she's gonna get suspicious on why dads not here or why he's not gonna show up to her wedding, you have to tell her before that." hayley tells me and i know she's right but i don't want her to be upset especially while she's planning a wedding because i know my daughter and if i tell her now then she's gonna get all the ideas in her head and she's gonna be scared to marry johnny and i don't want that for her. "i know sweetie i just have to figure out the right time to tell her, just let me think about it some more please." i say to hayley. "fine." she says "now go get dressed our first showing is in 45 minutes." i tell her
*an hour later*at the first house*
(r-realtor, mk- mrs.katie, h-hayley)
r "this home is a beautiful four bedroom, three and half bath, with a fully renovated basement, lake front property with a pool and it's 2200 square acres"
mk "this is gorgeous i love the layout, and the bedrooms are big and spacious, what do you think hayley?"
h "it's really cute, i like it."
mk "could you see yourself living here?"
h "in la or in this house?"
mk "both silly."
h "yeah i love the house, aren't we looking at more tho?"
mk "we're looking at one more because i only saw this one and that one that i liked and then we'll sit down together and talk about it to decide which one we like best."
h "okay."
-
*at the next house*
-
r "this house is a little bit bigger than the other one, it's 3,000 square acres, it's not on the water but y'all do have a pool instead, it's five bedrooms, four full baths."
mk "i like that this one is bigger but i feel like we'll have to much space. it's most likely just gonna be the two of us."
h "the layout of this house is great and the house in general is beautiful but i think i like the first house more."
mk "we're gonna have to talk about it, can i give you a call when we decide.?"
r "absolutely, take your time and i'll talk to you soon."
-
*mrs. katie and hayley leave and go grab lunch*
*at chili's*
-
mk "so which house do you like better?"
i ask hayley while i'm texting paige, hayley doesn't know this but which ever house we choose paige is gonna move in with us, she's in la her flight landed about 30 minutes ago and she's on her way here to surprise hayley.
h "i really like the first house more. it's just enough space for the two of us and i really like the basement so i was thinking about making that entire downstairs my bedroom. the second house was gorgeous but we don't really need five bedrooms."
(p-paige)
p "and why don't we need five bedrooms?"
h "PAIGE! what are you doing here?"
p "well i'm moving to la!"
h "are you gonna live with us?!"
p "if that's okay with you."
h "of course it's okay with me!"
p "now i know i didn't see the houses in person but whichever house you two decide on will be fine with me."
mk "so hayley, house one or two?"
h "house one!"
mk "perfect i'm gonna step outside and call the realtor and let her know."
-
*a few minutes later*
-
mk "alright i just got of the phone with the realtor and she said we can go sign the papers next week!"
p "does annie know about you moving?"
mk "no and she doesn't know about the divorce either."
p "when are you gonna tell her?"
mk "i was thinking that after we sign the papers on the house and get everything moved in we can invite her and john over and tell them both."
p "awe i haven't seen johnny in forever i can't believe my little anns is getting married."
mk "and to johnny i mean i kinda saw it coming tho you could tell all those years ago that they liked each other."
h "honestly."
p "you know katie i know jules is busy with the wedding planning and everything but you know she's gonna feel bad if she doesn't get to help you move, you're her mom. i think you should talk to her today."
mk "i should, and even if she can't help move completely i'll be glad to finally tell her about the move and the divorce."
p "how do you think she'll react?"
mk "about the move i think she'll be happy, i know in maryland she said she wishes she could see us more but she's always so busy, but the divorce i know she's gonna be upset."
*ding ding*
mk "hang on i'm getting a text."
i look down at my phone to see annie texted me
-
annie💕: hey momma, do you wanna go get some coffee later?

momma💓💓: of course honey, i'm just about done with lunch with hayley. meet you in 15 minutes?

annie💕: see you at starbucks in 15!❤️
*read at 4:15*
-
h "so who texted you?"
mk "annie she wants to go get coffee in 15 minutes, so hayley here's the key card to the hotel, you know where it's at i'll be back in about an hour."
*mrs. katie leaves*
-
a/n: how do you think annie will react to the news?