60. phone call evsdropping

jules pov.
i got out of the shower and got dressed i started walking to the kitchen when i heard john on the phone and luckily it was on speaker.
jo "listen to me, leave me alone! i don't miss you!"
?? "i know that's a lie, i saw the way you looked at me! i know you wanna get back together!"
mackenzie? why is she calling john?!
jo "no i don't! you cheated on me! multiple times, you never talked to me about anything! jules talks to me about everything and i would never hurt her! just leave me alone mackenzie!"
k "i know i messed up a lot, but i want you back john. i miss you so much!"
jo "well i don't want you back. i'm happier than i've ever been since i got with jules, i wouldn't even have had that concert with you if it wasn't for my manager already having everything together and who knows what you would've tried to pull if she wasn't there! you probably would've had a secret camera guy or something trying to get anything that you could've sent in to tmz or something that would've made jules get mad."
k "damn it you do know me to well."
mackenzie says almost proud of herself. i've had enough i walk in and take johns phone
j "listen to me very closely you little bitch. i tried to play nice with you today. you think i didn't see you trying to get on john today? trying to sit in his lap, grab his hand, kiss his cheek? you think i didn't see any of that? john and i are happy and it's not our fault that you fucked up your life by hoeing around, so leave john and i alone your just mad that you will never be in a place i'm at with him. so consider this your last contact with him because he's blocking you. goodbye mackenzie."
i say and hang up.
jo "babe, how much of that did you hear?"
j "i heard enough, and i know you were trying to tell her off so i'm not mad at you. i'm just mad at her."
jo "i'm so glad you heard that because you know that even if you weren't performing today you still would've been there backstage and i don't know why she didn't think of that. you were gonna be there cheering me on. but i'm so glad your all mine."
john says and kisses me
jo "wait we almost forget."
john pulls out his phone and opens mackenzies contact.
jo "do you wanna do the honors?"
he asks me
j "you know i do."
i press the block button and we both smile.
jo "goodbye and good riddance. now dinners ready now go sit down and i'll make you a plate."
he says with a smile. i sit down and john hands me a bowl of pasta and glass of water.
j "thank you baby. oh and i almost forgot, christmas is a few weeks and i gotta go home to maryland would you like to come with me?"
jo "i would love to and then a month after that we celebrate our one year anniversary in an undisclosed location."
j "okay after we eat i'll call my mom and let her know we're coming and book our plane tickets, she's so excited to see you again it's been forever and my mom has always loved you."
jo "yeah the last time i saw your mom was when we were 13, i love mrs.katie."
j "i'll go call momma. she'll be so excited to know your coming."
jo "wait no facetime her!"
j "okay!"
-
nobody's pov
jules picks up her phone as she places her dish in the sink, she goes to the facetime app and sees
'momma💓❣️' and presses the contact after just two rings mrs.katie picks up the phone.
(mk-mrs.katie, j-jules, jo- johnny, mb-mr.billy, h-hayley)
j "hi momma!"
mk "hi baby! how are you doing?"
j "i'm good, how are you?"
mk "i'm good just sitting on the couch with haybug and daddy watching a movie."
j "that's good, we'll i just wanted to let you know that we'll be coming home for christmas!"
mk "you and john?"
jo "that's right! i'm coming!!"
h "yay!"
hayley says as she pokes her head in the camera
jo "hi haybug! oh my god you've gotten so big!"
h "we'll duh im 15!"
jo "shhh no your not! your 9!"
mk "we'll im glad y'all are coming home for the holidays and we can't wait to see y'all!"
j "we can't wait either momma, why's daddy being so quiet?"
mb "because im trying to watch the movie."
he says angrily, jules looks upset by her dad raising his voice at her.
j "oh okay well i'll talk to you guys later, i love you momma and you too haybug. see you guys in two weeks!"
h "bye anns see you in a two weeks!"
j & jo "bye haybug!"
j "bye momma see you soon!"
jo "bye mrs. katie!!"
mk "by john, it was great talking to you and i can't wait to see you!"
jules hangs up the phone and starts crying into johns chest
jo "hey baby, i know it hurt when your dad raised his voice at you but it'll be okay, maybe he was just in a bad mood."
j "but everytime ive texted him lately he's just be so angry like he doesn't wanna talk to me."
john rubs her back
jo "i don't know what's going on with him, maybe you just caught him on his bad days, but it'll all be okay! i promise. maybe he just needs a hug from his daughter. or just to see you."
j "maybe."
jo "you wanna go watch christmas movies? we have cookies in the fridge i can put those on while you pick a movie."
j "okay baby."
jules smiles and john wipes her face and kisses her cheek
jo "oh by the way can you send me your moms number?"
j "sure."
jules picks up her phone and walks to the couch.
j "just sent it."
jo "thanks babe."
he says as he puts the cookies in the oven.
jo "i gotta step outside and make a phone call i'll be right back don't start the movie without me!"
john steps out into the hallway and calls mrs.katie.
-
a/n: why do you think john is calling mrs.katie?